Thread: How do I know my cigar is ceder lined?

1. Default How do I know my cigar is ceder lined?

Hi All! My name is Martin, and I think this is my first post here!

So I'm VERY new to cigar smoking. I bough a Bally V 125 Cigar Humidor. I didn't really like the looks and feel of it once I brought it home, so I got another one few days ago: Comoy's Black Carbon Fiber Humidor - 48 Cigar Capacity like this:

http://www.cigarplace.biz/images/cat...39CC18760L.jpg

Now, how can I tell if my humidor is ceder lined??? I mean, it says it is, but here's the thing... the Bally V has a much more distinct smell to it. Does the ceder cause the nice smell? If so, the new humidor should smell more, since it's apparently made out of ceder. The Bally V only has ceder seal and tray + dividers.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from northwest Louisiana.

According to this, it looks like those are Spanish cedar lined. I mean, they could be lying to you, but then again, black helicopters could be watching you overhead.

Try this, though:
    Get some distilled water. Wet a clean rag, and wipe down the inside of your humidor really good. Close, and open the next day. Does it have the cedar smell you are looking for? If not, look into making a coolerdor. You'll have much less worry going that route, anyway.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Welcome from NW PA

4. Default

Hi guys!
    So I noticed that there is ceder lining I think, but it's like paper thin. I expected quarter of an inch wood board inside, same thickness as the seal, but it's really thin instead. Is that OK?

Blog Entries

Yeah, it should be fine; the thin line is characteristic of a more inexpensive humidor. I'm not quite sure about how that affects functionality, however. I would imagine that it may, to a degree, but at this stage, you'd never know it. A full spanish cedar humidor could prove costly, however.

For about the first 4 months of my cigar smoking experience, I used tupperware with a small, damp sponge. I think you'll be okay.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information