Thread: iPhone Cigar App

Default iPhone Cigar App

I received an email from Bjorck Bros. about the release of a cigar application with features such as"

"-Preloaded with details of several hundred cigars including images.
    - Fast data entry with pull down menus.
    - A handy reference guide detailing about cigar history, making, judging, cutting etc.
    - Ratings from real smokers not cigar snobs. Based on --------------.com's 13 years of ratings.
    - A tasting notes section for cigars.
    - Additionally a tasting section or wine, whiskey, tea and coffee.

Plus an onscreen cigar gauge measuring feature. Simply place your cigar end on your iphone and expand, using your thumb on a slider, the circle until the edge matches your cigar. The resulting number is the gauge of your cigar.

Your Humidor Section
    This allows you to track your personal inventory and the ability to take pictures of each cigar in your inventory.

The database will also be increasing in size during the year and will be available as a free update."

I know some of the folks on here were looking for app, so I thought I would pass this info along -- I don't have an iPhone so don't view this as an endorsement.

Thanks for the tip; been looking for this!

3. Default

Same here. I've installed two so far, but I check iTunes weekly for newer and better ones. Thanks for the info!
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

I think it may actually be called "The Cigar Application" -- hope it works well.

on cigarjack, where he was asking for ideas for new swag, I suggested a branded iPhone app, like a passport, detailing all releases. Imagine that for Tatuaje, for example! Try to tick off all the boxes, read reviews, get news of upcoming releases, TRACK DOWN new releases (hard with Tat, for example). Beyond development, the marginal cost of that type of swag would be close to zero, with manufacturers/sponsors potentially reaping some benefits (greater loyalty, greater sales, greater "buzz").

Melding last-millennium techniques (creating the cigars) with new-millennium resources...

This one looks like a good step in the meantime!

Thread Information