Thread: Any Geocaching BOTLS out there?

Blog Entries

Default Any Geocaching BOTLS out there?

Hey guys,

I was out camping this weekend with the wife and some friends having a good time minding our own business when another couple came by and was on their way to find a geo cache treasure. Now I had heard of the term geocaching and know what it is but I never really payed much attention to it.

I am pretty big on tech stuff and the outdoors so I figured this would be something fun to do. Is anybody else into this? Any advice anyone can provide as far as a proper handheld GPS unit that wont really break the bank?

Thanks fellas,

Nelson

Blog Entries

Haha... That would be cool!

A GeoBomb!

Sealed up in a 5 count otterbox, cigars would be fresh for weeks! Take five, put five.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Garmin eTrex GPS- Hand held About $100.00
    Cabelas or any other hunting outfitter.
    Very basic but get the job done. I use it bird hunting
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

I did a little Geo Caching a few years back. It was a lot of fun. I just used the GPS and Google Maps on my HTC Mogul at the time. I visited a lot of the local caches and just never got around to going back out. Some of them can be hard to find given the clues on the Geocache sites.

I like the Geobomb thing. I guess it would have to be in an area with a few Geo Caching BOTL's for it too work though.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

It is a fun hobby. I saw a lot of neat places I would have otherwise passed by. I haven't had time to do it in a while. I will probably start up again when it warms up as a way to get my 5 year old outside more. Just about any GPS will do.

Blog Entries

Not sure how quality this GPS unit is, but you might want to check out today's http://woot.com/ .

Blog Entries

Law and Order SVU had a rerun on last night that touched on this subject. The person hiding the treasure went by the screen name "Master Baiter."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of nike shox ,cheap ghd , worldwide free shipping.

Thread Information