Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

I'll make the PO run shortly!

Onward they go! DC# 9405 5036 9930 0190 3994 88

Good luck Chris!

The cigars arrived today. I will put them to rest in the cooler and give the puro a try on Sunday or Monday.

Ok, I thought this one would be easy but I am second-guessing myself.

The puro was a robusto size approximately 5 x 50. The wrapper was what I would call a Connecticut shade which is the part that troubles me. Construction was great with a triple cap. I didn't take notes but as far as the flavor profile goes, I would say it had a woodsy flavor with a little spice to it. Medium bodied to me.

My gut tells me this is a Nicaraguan puro. It had some Cuban characteristics but the color and texture of the wrapper were not what I am used to seeing. Something was missing in the flavor profile as well. About the only Cuban it could possibly be would be a RyJ, but I have not had enough of them to be certain.

Bring on the sig tag!

You should have gone with your gut. It was a Vegas Robaina Famoso & one of my personal favorites Let's see what horrors Mark has lurking dark in his image file...

Blog Entries

Sig tag has been sent.

logan37, are you ready?

WOXOF, please post your puts and let us know when the pass is in the air.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I'm ready. Send 'em out Chris.

Oh well, the wrapper color messed with my head.

My puts:
    Gurkha Ancient Warrior
    Partagas Serie D #4
    Cubao #5

I will drop the pass off at the post office in the morning if there are no objections to the puts.

Trying out my new sigtag.

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0196 8746 68

Their wrapper is much lighter and not as beefy as most of the ISOMs I've run across. I can't get enough of 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    Their wrapper is much lighter and not as beefy as most of the ISOMs I've run across. I can't get enough of 'em!
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Well played.
    Looks like someone is dipping into the vacation photos for these sig tags...

And the cross covers more skin than the suit! He should have with a pink lace bikini bottom and star nipple caps. You gotta have nipple caps. Now there's a fashion statement
    Last edited by Cigarbear; 04-08-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: forgot the top :)

Received the pass today. Seems good enough, I'm smoking it now. I mean, right now. now.

Ok. I'm still smoking the puro, but my mind is made.

About 6 inches long, 46ish guage. The wrapper was a medium shade of brown, but applied perfectly, and it had a nice triple cap. Near the cap the cigar was a little tighter then the rest of the cigar. The draw was a little hard because of the tightness(I presume).

Prelight the cigar smelled sweet and tasted earthy. After lighting it, the smoke that billowed out smelled oily but there was only a hint of oil in the taste. The first 3rd was fairly mild with a sweet tobacco taste and a slight coffee finish. At 2/3 the finish picked up a bit of spice nothing strong but was very apparent. In the last Third(right now), the spice picked up a bit and the finish is more of a grassy taste. The ash was very white with slight gray stripes here and there.

Overall, I enjoyed the cigar very much. It reminded me of a Monte that I've smoked before but I don't think it was a Monte. Maybe Partagas? RyJ? I'm not sure, but I am quite certain that it was a Cuban.

Thank you Chris for the nice smoke. I hope I win because this prize pack looks delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Ok. I'm still smoking the puro, but my mind is made.

About 6 inches long, 46ish guage. The wrapper was a medium shade of brown, but applied perfectly, and it had a nice triple cap. Near the cap the cigar was a little tighter then the rest of the cigar. The draw was a little hard because of the tightness(I presume).

Prelight the cigar smelled sweet and tasted earthy. After lighting it, the smoke that billowed out smelled oily but there was only a hint of oil in the taste. The first 3rd was fairly mild with a sweet tobacco taste and a slight coffee finish. At 2/3 the finish picked up a bit of spice nothing strong but was very apparent. In the last Third(right now), the spice picked up a bit and the finish is more of a grassy taste. The ash was very white with slight gray stripes here and there.

Overall, I enjoyed the cigar very much. It reminded me of a Monte that I've smoked before but I don't think it was a Monte. Maybe Partagas? RyJ? I'm not sure, but I am quite certain that it was a Cuban.

Thank you Chris for the nice smoke. I hope I win because this prize pack looks delicious.
    Close (geographically) but no cigar. It was a Litto Gomez Diez Americano which is a Dominican puro. While not as good as the chisel or toro sizes, its a pretty good cigar. Hope you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Close (geographically) but no cigar. It was a Litto Gomez Diez Americano which is a Dominican puro. While not as good as the chisel or toro sizes, its a pretty good cigar. Hope you enjoyed it.
    Awww damnit. That explains why I liked it so much. I've smoked several of those but not in long time. Untill last night, that is.

Let me know if you're ready James, and I'll send out the smokes asap.

Ready, willing, and hopefully able Rich. Fire away...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Ready, willing, and hopefully able Rich. Fire away...
    Im heading to the PO now. My puts are:

Carlos Torano Virtuoso Torpedo
    Olivia MB 3 Churchill
    GOF Don Carlos Robusto 2006

Very nice puts, Rich! What a prize pack this has built into...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information