Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Rocky Patel Fusion
    Nica Libre 1990
    Gurkha Micro Batch Liga VH-7
    Just a quick note, that Nica Libre is a little lower in the price range than the rules dictate:

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    This is for everyone. Prize pack sticks are to be $3-5 and the nude cigar needs to be around the $5 mark and HAS to be a puro, meaning everything about it has to be from the country of origin. This will take some researching on your part. Check out CigarCyclopedia's Comparison Shopper for help, or other approved cigar pricing sites. If you have a question about the MSRP of a stick, post and ask. Don't assume. If you need help determining whether or not a cigar is a puro, ask. You can PM me or other board members who aren't playing if you'd like.
    If it's from the split in this thread, the average price per cigar is $2.75 ($54.95 / 20). 25 cents isn't enough to send a new stick, or even make a big stink about it; this post is more for future members of the pass. Please ensure that your sticks are between the $3 - $5 rate per stick at the BOX PRICE on Cigar Cyclopedia, or, in the case of this Nica Libre, the origin of the site where it was purchased. The RP Fusion was within bounds, and the Gurkha Micro-Batch was close enough (a few cents are negligible for the purposes of THIS PASS ONLY). The puro, however, must be at least $5, also at the split BOX PRICE rate.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but there have been several instances of trades on this board (not to mention other boards) where this IS a problem. I'm cool with it. If a member wants out of the pass because of this decision, please let me know. If there is a question as to whether or not a stick should be included, PM me or post in the thread. No one is trying to cheat anyone, there are enough new traders/passers on this pass so that it's beneficial to all.

Thanks for reading! Please PM me or post here if you have any questions. Several people have already sent me messages, they are all appreciated.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

While not as particular as a pass, the rules still need to be adhered to as closely as possible. I agree, nobody is trying to cheat anybody here, and no extra action is required for Nelsons puts. Let's face it though, a $3 stick isn't hard for any of us to come by, so this limit is very reasonable.

I would encourage the asking of questions regarding value or whatever to be asked openly in the thread, so that all can learn...with the obvious exception of questons that would expose your puro.

Blog Entries

Default My bad!!!

Up front I apologize to all members of the board if this is causing any type of turmoil. I purchased all the cigars for this pass at the same time from my local B&M and they did have all their sticks above the 5 and even 7 dollar range. I might have to have a few words with them but nevertheless, I did not check CigarCyclopedia and I take full responsibility for this.

I will send an additional 3 sticks to be added to the prize pack as an apology to all. Mark, I will PM you the naked puro I sent which I am sure is above the agreed upon prize.

I apologize to EVERYONE once again and I assure you my B&M will have a hard time with me.

I feel bad about this can't apologize enough.

Nelson

Blog Entries

Up front I apologize to all members of the board if this is causing any type of turmoil. I purchased all the cigars for this pass at the same time from my local B&M and they did have all their sticks above the 5 and even 7 dollar range. I might have to have a few words with them but nevertheless, I did not check CigarCyclopedia and I take full responsibility for this.

I will send an additional 3 sticks to be added to the prize pack as an apology to all. Mark, I will PM you the naked puro I sent which I am sure is above the agreed upon prize.

I apologize to EVERYONE once again and I assure you my B&M will have a hard time with me.

Nelson
    Nelson,
    The price at your local doesn't mean they are ripping you off.....more expensive than on-line, for sure, but they have taxes and shit to account for that on-line retailers don't, hence the higher per stick price. This is the primary reason that sticks are valued, for trade/pass purposes, using the online resource and averaging the price among several sources, takes all the local variables out of play and levels the field.

IMHO, you have no need to send additional sticks for the pass, especially since I can't win 'em.

Blog Entries

Nelson
    Nelson:

While that's a very kind gesture, it's not necessary. Like I said, your other two prize pack puts were in range - your good to go. If you want peace of mind, you can PM me the puro to ensure it falls within the rules, but if you've consulted the reference suggested, everything's good.

Again, my post wasn't so much to call you out (well, maybe a little bit) but to make aware to others the proper pricing of sticks. Unfortunately, I experience B&M price hikes above MSRP here as well. I suppose it's because they have so much more overhead than an online retailer would.

No need to send any more sticks, but thank you very much for your gesture and the apology. That speaks volumes of your character.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

No harm, no foul. This just goes to show you that a little research goes a long way.

Blog Entries

Nelson PM'd me the identity of his puro in good faith - without giving away any details, it meets the requirements of the pass.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisFred View Post
    Mark, I want join too if you still have room.
    FYI for everyone in the pass, MemphisFred opted out of the pass. First post updated, I'll pass to Irish79.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    FYI for everyone in the pass, MemphisFred opted out of the pass. First post updated, I'll pass to Irish79.
    Dang, that's too bad. The more the merrier.

Sticks arrived here safely. Will give the naked puro a shot in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delay guys, just started working at a new company and hours have been crazy. Will make it a point to get to it tomorrow. Thanks for your patience

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Sorry for the delay guys, just started working at a new company and hours have been crazy. Will make it a point to get to it tomorrow. Thanks for your patience
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear the new job's keeping you so busy. Let us know when you have a chance to smoke it.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Well, after some careful analysis of the cigar and tasting. I'd have to say this is a Nicaraguan.

Initial light is very peppery and very young. Tastes remaind the same after the first half and seemed like a cigar aiming to be full bodied but definitely did it in a way that lacked finesse and the character of a fine cigar. Honestly I'd have to say this was definitely a shit stick . Definitely ruled out Honduran and Dominican so if its an off the wall country that could explain the ammonia. There was a bit of a funky after taste too.

Off the wall I want to say its along the lines of a Brickhouse, just a random guess though

Also just wanted to add I compared the wrapper to some sticks and found that it closely resembled an Edge with an exact match on the size I believe it was a 5.5x50 size. Also found that the wrapper closely resembled the Coyolar Puro but no match on the size.

Blog Entries

Nicaraguan Casa Magna Robusto. Congratulations on winning. Sorry you didn't enjoy it man. Lets see the first winning sig tag Mark!

Thanks for the sticks! and I didn't mean to beat up on the stick you chose

It's odd that it was a Casa Magna because I have a box of pikitos sitting in my humidor and I love them as a daily stick but it goes to show that they have issues with consistency since they range from smooth full bodied to strong/almost harsh with a young taste.

As a side note, the first box of Pikitos I picked up were all rolled badly and 9 out of 10 tunneled while smoking. It took me 3 months to get them replaced and that's after the rep had to smoke one himself to see how bad they were rolled.

Thanks again ndv21 for sending such a challenging puro, it was definitely fun trying to figure out what it was.

Blog Entries

The first winning sig tag has been sent.

dr. cox, you ready? I've already sent your address to Silencei2.

Silencei, when you get ready to send out, post your puts!

Still time for anyone to get in on this.

Thanks everyone!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Testing sig tag, will get my puts up and DC# up ASAP. Thanks everyone for the contest and thanks Mark for organizing it.

Blog Entries

Nice job.

Blog Entries

Thank you for thinning out the pot. I was getting worried trying to figure out what I was going to do with all of those cigars when it gets around to me. Grats!

Thread Information