Thread: Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto

Blog Entries

Default Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto

Perdomo Habano Robusto Corojo Review

Prelight scent: musky tobacco of all things!

I get to use my brand new shiny xikar Xi3 cutter for the first time here.....
    aaahhhhhh sweet! First time I have ever used a Xikar cutter. NICE@!

First hit: Light and Airy... good mild hit. this may turn out OK man. Cool.
    This wrapper is light brown like a tan almost with no veins to speak of and construction looks good. It had a band on the foot and the regular band is cool as hell. I like perdomo bands.
    moving into the first 1/3 that "airy" feel to the hits is a nice "cool" feeling in your mouth .. hmm this is interesting.. i think that me be characteristic of the corojo wrappers. I like it. I have tasted this many times. I am pretty damn sure it comes from the corojo wrapper. It is a definitive flavor and feel in your mouth. Tis a good thing brothers. =) hmm.. i tend to like robusto and toro sizes a pretty good bit.

Yep, definitely the corojo wrapper coming out strong with tobacco flavor being "cool" and "airy" and nutty with a a little tad of spice. Going good with my diet sprite of all things. This smoke is barely a medium bodied smoke at this point, pretty mild to me. On the mild side of medium that is. I taste a little leather too right now.. just barely though.. Airy.. very airy ... the draw is very easy but not too loose feeling.
    The 6th or 7th hit it gets a little stronger now. Good smoke so far for a quick afternoon smoke after just having some venison stew. More of plain old good tobacco coming out now with a little more spice hanging around. so far airy, cool , nutty , light wood , spice but predominantly the corojo wrapper flavor and good baccy my man. I kind of like this one for a quick afternoon stogie I really do. I would not go out of my way to get any but I like it. It is ever so slightly sweet now... still in the first 1/3 btw. ok let me smoke this thing instead of type (fiance isn't here to dictate a rough draft this time =)for now.. be back in a minute gentlemen...

Well into into the second 1/3 and the spice is all but gone and that cool feeling is pretty much gone and i taste wood and nut and it has turned into a straight medium bodied smoke that tastes pretty damn good. However, the wrapper is coming loose. I got this out of a sale bin and I usually let those rest for some time in my humi but this time I didn't and I paid the price. The leather taste that was barely around earlier is GONE.
    Trying to salvage the smoke now... Salvage is successful and the smoke is now thick and straight up medium, very tasty , not spicy , more thick tobacco kind of musky woodsy flavored, no chocolaty goodness here only good tobacco and woodsy flavor with a little nut thrown in. Full smoke medium bodied now in the third 1/3. THICK smoke and feels thick in your mouth but now that airy and cool taste and feeling is GONE and this smoke was surely not one dimensional. It changed two or three times in a good way.

I like this smoke and would buy another. I want to try it in a larger vitola. SO much for a "quick" smoke because it lasted almost an hour and a half.

Later on BOTL

No pics this time around. no time today.
    Last edited by EdgeMan; 01-21-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added xikar cutter remark.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

I think the robusto size is my favorite, and they seem to last between an hour to an hour and a half pretty consistently. I don't ever feel like I wanted more at the end, nor have I ever retired it early.

EDIT: oh yeah, and great review! Although, I miss the pictures...

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

I have the same cigar in torpedo size in my humidor.
    After your review I'm looking forward to it. I am mild / Medium man.
    I still can't handle the pepper bombs
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

nice review man I was waiting to see what you thought of this one the pet. corona size is my usual friday afternoon smoke at the shop.

Thread Information