Thread: cigars vs. pipes

1. Default cigars vs. pipes

I guess this would be the better place to put this than in the cigar forum because it’s not just about cigars. When I was around 18 I tried pipe tobacco at a buddy’s house. I am thinking about it again. One thing that I really like about premium cigars is that for the most part they are 100% tobacco, and not full of chemicals. I can smoke a few one week and not touch them again for weeks or months and never crave them. I will never smoke gas station specials again nor will I ever try dip or cigarettes again Is pipe tobacco made from 100% tobacco or is it stuffed with chemicals. If I choose to smoke a pipe it will be an every once and a while thing, I do not want to get addicted to it if it’s stuffed with bad stuff. I could be very wrong but it is my opinion that the reason people get addicted so quick to gas station cigars and cigarettes is because of all the chemicals crammed into them.

Blog Entries

You would have to try really hard to get addicted to pipe smoking.

Like anything: it depends.

Do you consider propylene glycol a chemical (I mean, a BAD chemical)? Then avoid, e.g., Altadis.

Olde timey tobacconists, e.g., LJ Peretti, use "flavorings" (e.g., rum) or "additives" (e.g., deersfoot), but not chemicals per se.

What's nice about blenders is that while they might not give you the exact ingredients, they often WILL divulge some of their techniques and sources. Lemme see if I can find the nifty pipe tobacco university site... hold on...

5. Default

Thanks

Blog Entries

oohhhh Thanks for the links dajones.

Avoiding inhaling is the best way to avoid addiction if you must smoke. Cigarettes are insidiously effective at delivering nicotene to your body primarily because dry cured, unfermented cigarette tobacco smoke is fairly high in nicotene and you inhale it. I've heard rumor that nicotene is often added as an ingredient to ensure cigarettes potency, but I can't say whether it's true or not.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information