Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your bowl today?

Last night I had a bowl of Sutliff Private Stock No. 5. For what it's worth I enjoyed it, but I'm a pipe newb and am still using cob pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Last night I had a bowl of Sutliff Private Stock No. 5. For what it's worth I enjoyed it, but I'm a pipe newb and am still using cob pipes.
    I have smoked a pipe on and off for 10+ years and still keep a cob pipe, you cant beat them for a cheap pipe to take to work and not worried about it getting lost.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

3. Default

Haddo's Delight...

bought a new pipe to break in! Broke it in with dunhill #965 from 2008. Not bad at all! New pipe is nice as well!

Blog Entries

RLP-6 in my Savinelli, and with all this pipe talk in here lately I ordered myself up a few more blends and a new Nording freehand, pics to follow.

Blog Entries

Had some Irish Whiskey tonight. Not sure if it was Peterson, or Connoisseur. Also, I'm not sure about the pipe I used to smoke it. The first couple puffs were nice, and I tried to not over puff it, but it just gave me some tongue bite, and was kinda bitter. Maybe my bowl is sour.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Enjoying a bowl of Rattrays Hal o' the Wynd. I'm getting better keeping it lit, but I feel like my pipe is getting way too hot.

Had my last 1/2 bowl of Dunhill nightcap before dinner and then started breaking in the churchwarden with a 1/4 bowl of Stogie Hearth and Home from Pipesandcigars.com

Last night- a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap- interlaced with some HdM (ISOM) pipe tobacco shavings in a Stanwell HCA Churchwarden. Nice, long, cool smoke...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

10. Default

Firedance in a little no name Italian pipe.

Blog Entries

Mixed some cherry and coco no name blends from my b&m, pretty tasty.

Got some Luxury Navy Flake out of the bulk section at The Gold Leaf in Seabrook at the owners suggestion. Glad I listened the stuff is great. I'm getting more of this and a very similar batch next to it that is a little sweet. I had that last night. The night before a strong english blend called odessa. It's nice and strong. Good for cigar guys.

Tonight I might do this honey gold aromatic I had for years. Haven't tried it in a while or smoke my aromatic pipe in years so going to give it a whirl.

I broke and got a cheap little corn cob, and some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic as my local B&M really doesn't have much of a selection when it comes to pipe tobacco (or cigars for that matter.)
    It's a start.

Blog Entries

Earlier I had a bowl of Ashton smooth sailing, it was light and flavorful.

15. Default

Smoked a bowl of Dunhill London Mixture...Very nice.

finally got around to smoking Penzance....not bad at all and the wife liked the smell.

Blog Entries

Ive been leaning on the pipe a bit this week, last night had a bowl of Lane 1-Q, and the night before I had some Billy Bud.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    Ive been leaning on the pipe a bit this week, last night had a bowl of Lane 1-Q, and the night before I had some Billy Bud.
    I like the Billy Bud...Simply awesome.

Today I had some PS Luxury Bullseye in my Pete 999 Army. I cracked the seal on a tin of SG XX Black Rope tonight. I smoked it in my Invicta Lovat with two fingers of Four Roses. I think I have a buzzzzzz.

Stokkebye English Luxury - from cigarsarge
    I really like this blend , now if i can just get the time to try the othr 7 or so samples he sent.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Stokkebye English Luxury - from cigarsarge
    I really like this blend , now if i can just get the time to try the other 7 or so samples he sent.
    Stokkebye makes some great blends at reasonable prices...Make some time.

Thread Information