Thread: All wood stem/tip

Blog Entries

Default All wood stem/tip

I bought a cheap little corncob pipe about a month or so ago that came with a wood stem with a plastic tip. I think I would prefer to have a wood tip rather than a plastic one, or maybe just a strait wood stem with no tip. I have been looking around on google for a while to no avail, so I was hoping someone here might know where I could acquire one for cheap. Any ideas? I may just end up buying some dowel rod and fashioning my own. Any advice if I go that route?

Blog Entries

Interesting question. I'm not sure a wood tip is really desirable on a cob pipe. I definitely don't think soft wood is a good idea. Both of the working pipes I have use some kind of acrylic tip. (They are cheap models, though.) I am guessing there are a few reasons for that. IMHO, it would probably be less costly in the long run to invest in a briar pipe or two, than to re-fit your current pipe.

Blog Entries

A wooden bit would probably get chewed through pretty quickly, but I don't see why you couldn't fashon one yourself if you have even the most basic whittling skills.

I imagine you want the wood tip to match the cigars you're most fond of, like those Black & Milds?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Dutch Masters, to keep with today's theme.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Dutch Masters, to keep with today's theme.
    Asshole.

Blog Entries

That is a very good idea bigwhiteash! After I am finished savoring those finest of the fine black and milds, i can just transplant the tip over to my cob!

Smoked, I already have a briar, the cob is mostly just for shits and giggles, something to tinker with.

Whats this about Dutch Masters? I know you aint talkin smack 'bout my Dutch Masters!

Thread Information