Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Question

Default A Quick Question

OK, I used the search and didnt find my answer. I recently moved to a different college and am staying in the dorms. Well, i didn't take any of my cigars with me and i was craving one, so i went to a local smoke shop and found two or three boxes of The Cigar Lovers diary.

( http://www.cigarsalesonline.com/ciga...4b0f452e02460a )

It says it is 55 dollars on that website, i got mine for 15 dollars. And all but two of them were blooming! He said they had been marked down and he didn't know how long they have been their. does anyone know when these were made? Or how much they would be worth today? Oh, and i had one so far, Very good. They also have the robusto ones, i am definitely getting those tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Heh. Heh, heh...

Blog Entries

Not to be an asshole or anything, but what do you mean by blooming? They didn't know how long they've been there? (Drastically) Marked down? Hmmmm....

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

alright I'll bite on this one now be nice if I'm way off I know this bunch...lol

could you be referring to Plume? if so nice find regardless of what they may be worth finding them for15 is great. The value to you is all that really counts though there is always someone willing to shell out more than you think. As far as the shopkeeper not knowing how long they have been there that could be quite common depending on what shop it was and how long he had been there. The shop I currently work at had a real disaster in the humidor when I went in so first thing was reduce and replace with more current and in demand lines though the cigars may be worth more, if they are taking up space on the shelves and not selling then they are worth nothing to the owner. Have picked up some nice steals this way myself in the past, and hope that all can find the same luck at one time or another. So there's my 2 cents hope it helps :)

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Not to be an asshole or anything, but what do you mean by blooming? They didn't know how long they've been there? (Drastically) Marked down? Hmmmm....

Will
    I am referring to plume. I am sure it is plume and not mold.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWeinerDog View Post
    OK, I used the search and didnt find my answer. I recently moved to a different college and am staying in the dorms. Well, i didn't take any of my cigars with me and i was craving one, so i went to a local smoke shop and found two or three boxes of The Cigar Lovers diary.

( http://www.cigarsalesonline.com/ciga...4b0f452e02460a )

It says it is 55 dollars on that website, i got mine for 15 dollars. And all but two of them were blooming! He said they had been marked down and he didn't know how long they have been their. does anyone know when these were made? Or how much they would be worth today? Oh, and i had one so far, Very good. They also have the robusto ones, i am definitely getting those tomorrow.
    Here they are worth $15.

I am referring to plume. I am sure it is plume and not mold.
    How are you sure?

Still only worth $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    alright I'll bite on this one now be nice if I'm way off I know this bunch...lol

could you be referring to Plume? if so nice find regardless of what they may be worth finding them for15 is great. The value to you is all that really counts though there is always someone willing to shell out more than you think. As far as the shopkeeper not knowing how long they have been there that could be quite common depending on what shop it was and how long he had been there. The shop I currently work at had a real disaster in the humidor when I went in so first thing was reduce and replace with more current and in demand lines though the cigars may be worth more, if they are taking up space on the shelves and not selling then they are worth nothing to the owner. Have picked up some nice steals this way myself in the past, and hope that all can find the same luck at one time or another. So there's my 2 cents hope it helps :)
    I will say that smoke shop is quite a mess, with acids and other cheap cigars there. But they do have some good fuentes. I am just wondering if i got a good deal on some good, midrange smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    How are you sure?

Still only worth $15.
    Because I am experienced enough to tell the difference between mold, be it either white, blue or green, and plume, no matter what my post count or username is.

Because I am experienced enough to tell the difference between mold, be it either white, blue or green, and plume, no matter what my post count or username is.
    Interesting...

Still only worth $15.

Ok, thank you, i have smoked two and shared one with one of my dormmates, a cigar virgin and a cigarette smoker. I will be getting more.

Oh, you're experienced all right! I can tell!

I betcha you could tell the difference between a Nicaraguan versus a Honduran wrapper all day long!!! And those Mexican binders - you're all over that too!!! The differences between Cohiba's, Monte Cristo's and Vegas Robaina's never escape you - do they?

What are your thoughts on the Bolivar Gold Medal? How about the regional releases of Cuban cigars? Any thoughts around thoese?

I know you very much appreciate Stanford Newman and what he brought to the cigar world, don't you?

With the hacks we have on this board, it will be refreshing to have someone with the breadth and depth of your knowledge. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear your take!

Thank GOODNESS you're here. We need your kind of experience on this board! It's definitely a pleasure to watch!

I will say that smoke shop is quite a mess, with acids and other cheap cigars there. But they do have some good fuentes. I am just wondering if i got a good deal on some good, midrange smokes.
    How do those cigars taste infused with the Acid flavors? I betcha they add a subtle taste that is just pure heaven!

Blog Entries

They've been out for awhile, a couple of years anyway. There are many different versions, and several different price points.

Oh, and since your so knowledgeable, I'm sure you're aware that bloom does jack squat for the flavor of the cigar, and only indicates proper storage over time. I'm just one of the hack's that hangs out here, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last month.

Don't listen to ashauler -- we all know the lingering effects of "staying smart" at a Holiday Inn last 24-48 hours max.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Don't listen to ashauler -- we all know the lingering effects of "staying smart" at a Holiday Inn last 24-48 hours max.
    Don't you have somebody to sue or sumptin'?

Blog Entries

I can hear, in the distance, the sound of an army approaching....

18. Default

Whooz rattling the cage while I am trying to sleep
    The older I get ,the better I was

Man you guys are too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Oh, you're experienced all right! I can tell!

I betcha you could tell the difference between a Nicaraguan versus a Honduran wrapper all day long!!! And those Mexican binders - you're all over that too!!! The differences between Cohiba's, Monte Cristo's and Vegas Robaina's never escape you - do they?

What are your thoughts on the Bolivar Gold Medal? How about the regional releases of Cuban cigars? Any thoughts around thoese?

I know you very much appreciate Stanford Newman and what he brought to the cigar world, don't you?

With the hacks we have on this board, it will be refreshing to have someone with the breadth and depth of your knowledge. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear your take!

Thank GOODNESS you're here. We need your kind of experience on this board! It's definitely a pleasure to watch!

I may not know as much as most cigar snobs, but I can tell the difference between mold and plume. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem.

Thread Information