Thread: 5 stick humidor and humidity pack

1. Default 5 stick humidor and humidity pack

I bought a 5 stick humidor for my locker at work. I seasoned it and put some cigars in it along with a boveda humidity pack the 69% one. The inside of the humidor stayed at 80% ish or so for 3 days so I figured it was ready to go. The humidity dropped to 58%. It was being stored in my locker. I left it for a few days just to see what it did. It hovered around 58% to 60%. The humidity pack still feels like it did when it came out of the package. I took the humi home and returned my cigars to my desktop that’s dead on at 70%. I placed a damp sponge inside the humidor and I am going to let it sit for a few more days and see what it does. These boveda humidity do you ever get one that does not work correctly right from the package?

Blog Entries

Did you test the hygrometer in the 5count to make sure it is accurate?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone post so many variations of the humidity question.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I would personally prefer the humidity to be between 65-67 %. I don't know the temperature in your locker / locker room but you should try and have an ambient temp of about 70-73 degrees imo. good luck.

Blog Entries

Is this a wooden humidor? Any box of that size is never going to give an accurate reading with sich a small air volume.
    If it's an otterbox style thing I wouldn't worry at all, they seal virtually airtight.

I think you're OK regardless, but if you feel uneasy, test it out with a selection of bargain cigars.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Too much work for 5 cigars -- unless they are some smoove-ass Acid Kuba Kubas or those uber-hard to find Lars Teetens...

Thread Information