Hi, everyone.

It was suggested I start an intro thread, so here goes.

My name is Chris Talbot. I'm a 34-year-old writer living in the suburbs just east of Toronto, ON, Canada. The first time I smoked a cigar was about ten or eleven years ago when I went to an industry event and the hosts had brought people in to handroll cigars and give them out to guests. I wish I could say I was hooked back then, but while I enjoyed the cigars that night, I didn't know anyone around who could educate me on cigars.

Fast-forward to mid-2008 and a cigar-smoking friend brought over a couple of cigars (wish I could remember which ones) to try. From then on, we would occasionally sit out on my back deck smoking cigars and drinking whisky and/or beer (mostly, he was drinking the whisky and I was drinking the beer). I learned a little bit about cigars from that friend, and I still smoke a cigar or two here and there with him when the weather is nice.

It was another friend (Monk here on the forums) who was the first afficionado I met and hung out with regularly. Last summer, he introduced me to his humidors and all the cigars within. While I'm still a newbie, I'm trying my best to learn more about cigars and the hobby.

It was Monk who suggested I check out the forums here when my girlfriend bought me a desktop humidor for my birthday. In working on seasoning it and asking Monk questions, he pointed me to "The Herfer's Guide to setting up a Humidor" thread. And so here I am.

Chris