Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mega Review Signup and Voting

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Glad it is found, are you going to be able to cash it? If not, you can send it to me (hopefully it won't get lost) and I will cash it and send you cash back (or sticks).

Was the box damaged? That sucks man, sorry bout that. From Tucson to Tolleson I would think there shouldn't be this many issues... sheesh. How about this - send me the original MO, and I'll send you a replacement Cain and the MO-worth of other sticks from my humi? I can either send a sampler or if you want I can PM you a list of my cigars and you can choose. Let me know.

-Buzz
    Yeah, I can get the return on it.. just losing the cost of the MO (1.25 or something), so no worries there.

The box didn't look like it was really damaged or anything.. and the other 2 were OK. My guess is that they just put some pressure (another box maybe?) uneven on the package.

No worries. I guess I just had some bad luck this week. Better that the bad luck was on this stuff and not other stuff =)

Buzz, I got my sticks in yesterday, and they all looked really good, I don't know If I can wait for them to cool off in the humi .

Keith

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Buzz I got my sticks today as well, they look very fine. Looking forward to the opportunity to review it. Thanks! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

4. Default

Here is a thought...If the same guys agree to do this all the way through why not kick in five or so extra dollars on each purchase. Then the last purchase we could get a really nice box of cigars to review.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Here is a thought...If the same guys agree to do this all the way through why not kick in five or so extra dollars on each purchase. Then the last purchase we could get a really nice box of cigars to review.
    I'm down with that idea.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

So it would be locked with the current participants?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    It's up to Buzz...Just a thought.

Blog Entries

That's a pretty neat idea - and would help on the first cost side of things. It would also be pretty cool to get a really nice box of smokes to review.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Nah, we have a couple more guys who want to join in and I think we will be able to accommodate a different number of participants for each round. I am going to try to come up with an easy way for everyone to determine what sticks they want to review, and how much money they want to spend.

So, for example: We decide to go really big and buy 4 boxes of cigars, participant #1 only wants to review mild smokes, and doesn't want to spend a lot of money, so they end up reviewing 1 cigar A and 2 cigar B's. But participant #2 likes powerful sticks and has some cash to blow - he buys 3 of cigar C and 5 of cigar D. And so on, as long as I can find homes for every cigar that is purchased. The more participants we have, the more likely I find homes for all the sticks.

I am going to put my thinking cap on and talk with Miguel about this... it might be easier to keep track of if we had a page dedicated for the Mega Review.

By the way, I would like to throw two more options into the ring for the next round: JdN Antano Dark Corojo and El Triunfador Lancero (from Pete Johnson). These are both full strength sticks, the JdN is around $7/stick and the Triunfador is around $8/stick

If any of you guys have some ideas on all this I am all ears - and if someone thinks that this should be run by a more established member I won't be offended at all. It is pretty cool to get to organize something like this and I appreciate the opportunity, but when we start talking about larger dollar amounts I don't want people to feel nervous about sending money to a newbie from AZ. PM me any suggestions or comments you have, or just post them here.

Have a great weekend guys!

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

9. Default

IMHO you are pretty well established here. I'll vouch for you any day. You are perfectly capable of handling this. I'll be glad to help if you need it.

I'll go for the JdNs or the Trifunador. The new Trifunador is a new blend. It's different than the original.

Sticks arrived today. Thanks Buzz.

Blog Entries

IMHO you are pretty well established here. I'll vouch for you any day. You are perfectly capable of handling this. I'll be glad to help if you need it.
    Ditto.

I'll go for the JdNs or the Trifunador. The new Trifunador is a new blend. It's different than the original.
    I agree, hell, I would even trust you enough to send you my children...I wouldn't do that to you, but I trust you enough.

Keith

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I'll do my best.

Keith - do they do dishes and mop floors?

-Buzz

14. Default

I forgot ,I gots mine. Thanks dude
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thanks guys, I'll do my best.

Keith - do they do dishes and mop floors?

-Buzz
    They do, but only after a swift "start up" kick
    and even then, they don't do so well

If any of you guys have some ideas on all this I am all ears - and if someone thinks that this should be run by a more established member I won't be offended at all. It is pretty cool to get to organize something like this and I appreciate the opportunity, but when we start talking about larger dollar amounts I don't want people to feel nervous about sending money to a newbie from AZ. PM me any suggestions or comments you have, or just post them here.

-Buzz
    Not that I have much say, but I agree with the other guys. You have done an awesome job with this so far, I say keep it going!

I am in for many more to come =)

Thanks fo the hard work Buzz!

Blog Entries

Default Reviews Received

Here are the people who has submitted their reviews (I will update as they come in):

cigarsarge
    Mangyrat
    badwhale
    buzz
    logan37
    mail man
    kevin7
    edgeman
    Cyris

-Buzz
    Last edited by buzz; 03-30-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Blog Entries

I finished my review today, and filled out the form / uploaded pix. Thanks Buzz for heading this up, and I'll be in for sure on the next one!!!!!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Not trying to rush you guys along but....hurry the hell up! I missed the first round somehow and I want to get in on this. But seriously, next time you feel like doing one of these put my name in the hat please.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews up.

Blog Entries

Review sent yesterday buzz. Thanks again. I want in on the next one too unless you aren't going to allow twice in a row to allow the other guys a chance to play, which I totally understand!
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Thread Information