Okay BOTL's, I need some good criticism and outside thinking from some of you guys who might know something about woodworking and humidors.

So a little backstory. I decided to build a cabinet humidor for my dad while he is deployed to Iraq. He is the one who got me into smoking and he really wants a nice furniture style humidor so I decided to make a small end table sized humi to save some cash on it for my mom.

Dimensions: 18" Wide x 12" deep x 30" high

So I did all my research and started joining some pieces to get the dimensions I wanted. While doing a little more research tonight i came across this thread, http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...=spanish+cedar. As I was reading that I saw that he used red cedar as the wood instead of the traditional spanish cedar, and as it turns out that is the wood that I had purchased, with the intention of lining with luan or spanish cedar depending on how much left over cash I had (sometimes wood working projects don't go as planned and more supplies are needed with me )

So my question is would it be alright to not line the cabinet with luan or spanish cedar and just rely on the boxes of smokes that I buy with the left over cash to provide the smell?

Also for joining the corners what would you guys recommend? I am deciding between busting out the miter saw and glueing it up or cutting some rabbets and glueing (I don't want to just nail it together and leave the end grain exposed.)

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.