Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010

I'm streaming it a little now and then too. I logged in just in time to see Japan's goal. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    Wow, Germany just put a whoopin' on Australia. Germany's attack looked brilliant and creative. Germany should go 3-0 in group play which could lead to a matchup with the U.S. if the U.S. gets out of group play (which they should).
    Germany played a great game and not to take anything away from them, but, Australia's defense looked lost the whole first half of the match!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    Germany played a great game and not to take anything away from them, but, Australia's defense looked lost the whole first half of the match!
    +1. I am watching the Italy - paraguay match right now. I am shocked Italy can't be more aggresive at the front! Then again, Paraguay's defense is doing a great job.

Go USA! We need a win against Slovenia today.

Blog Entries

Absolutely attrocious refereeing! Silver lining...U.S. looked to be warming up for some goal scoring.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Since I live in Germany I'm cheering for both USA and Germany!

However, I want USA to go all the way.

*Cue "I'm a real American" now...

Lopaka

Blog Entries

I don't want to sound like a whining American, but I don't understand why that last goal wasn't allowed. It wasn't explained well on the webcast I was watching. Was there a foul? Who was it on? There didn't look to be anything wrong with that play, other than Bradley being bear hugged and carried to the goal by his defender.

The US played really sloppily, though. They had good plays, but overall, it looked like Slovenia had a tighter, more consistent game. This makes this afternoon's Algeria - England game all the more important now.

Nelson, I'm totally hooked on this now. I wonder when my boss will start to notice the lack of productivity.

We should have had some kind of contest associated with the World Cup this year......

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Nelson, I'm totally hooked on this now. I wonder when my boss will start to notice the lack of productivity.
    X2. I'm just waiting for IT to contact me about using too much bandwidth...

Blog Entries

Was there a foul? Who was it on?
    Apparently it was on Edu but he was also being bear hugged so it was just an awful call.

I agree that the U.S. looked sloppy and off in the first half, but they looked pretty good in the second half. It would've been a truly historic win if they had come back from 2-0 and scored three goals in 45 minutes to win. I feel like somebody kicked my dog...

Oh well, the team is warming up and hopefully the cards fall right and we get out of group play.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

We should have had some kind of contest associated with the World Cup this year......
    What the Hell!!! LMAO....there was a contest but nobody was interested. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it. We had an event today at the Main Univercity Center close to the lounge area. 55" TV...guess where I spent me "meeting time" in.

I have watched every single game so far and I'm loving every minute of it.

Blog Entries

17. Did I win?

Blog Entries

Weekend insights:

Netherlands had a nice match Saturday morning. They are fun to watch.

It's good to see Australia bouncing back from getting trounced by Germany. Still think Ghana is tops that group, though.

I think I have a new favorite team in the whole tournament - Paraguay. They have played both games with such intensity and such respect, they've earned my loyalty.

WHEN is Italy going to start playing soccer?

Brazil looks like a really tight team - they work well together. But after watching this morning's Portugal match, I'm wondering if these first two games have made them soft? How will they stack up against Portugal?

Babies love soccer.

Nelson, when a team like Cameroon or North Korea are eliminated after their first two matches, do they usually show up for the third game? I would imagine Cameroon would, but I wouldn't think North Korea would - they'll probably declare war on South Africa. Or maybe even Portugal, who knows.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

but I wouldn't think North Korea would - they'll probably declare war on South Africa. Or maybe even Portugal, who knows.
    I bet Kim Jong Ill had his finger on the nuclear annhilation button for Portugal if it got to 8-0.

Portugal looks to be warming up after a flat opening game. I am really looking forward to Portugal vs. Brazil especially since Kaka can't play and he creates a lot of offense for Brazil. However, Brazil is probably the deepest team in the World Cup. I think the soccer is really heating up and the best is yet to come!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Weekend insights:

Nelson, when a team like Cameroon or North Korea are eliminated after their first two matches, do they usually show up for the third game? I would imagine Cameroon would, but I wouldn't think North Korea would - they'll probably declare war on South Africa. Or maybe even Portugal, who knows.
    They have to. Eventhough the team has absolutely no chance of qualifying, they must play the game because of the effect they might have on the other team and their points. A win, loss, or tie against another team might make the difference in moving on to the next round. Besides, Fifa requires is

Blog Entries

Default Honduras Vs. Spain

In 1 hour, I leave work and head over to the Lion & Rose pub. My 2 nationalities are playing, of course, I pull for Honduras eventhough Spain might beat the crap out of the little central american team. I have my jersey, cap, backpack, and facepaint ready to go. Just for shits and giggles, I will change in my office and walk out like that!

Blog Entries

Well, Honduras is out of the world cup for sure. It was very satisfying to see my team play at the main tournament after a 28 year absence. We still have 1 more game to play vs. Switzerland. My biggest wish is to have Honduras score at least 1 goal. I have yet to see that happen. Maybe if I smoke a Camacho during the game the good juju will prevail? Who knows.

Regardless, still having a blast! Can't believe Mexico lost today! They are definately gonna get tortured by Argentina in the next round.

US plays for their Wolrd Cup lives in exactly two minutes! C'mon boys let's play masterful defense and score some goooolllllsssss!!!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Regardless, still having a blast! Can't believe Mexico lost today! They are definately gonna get tortured by Argentina in the next round.
    Behind Paraguay, Argentina is my next favorite team. What class! What style and athleticism! What a great beard their head coach has!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

IT found me out today. Shut me down. No more live soccer, at least not from ESPN. Anyone else know of another live feed?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

IT found me out today. Shut me down. No more live soccer, at least not from ESPN. Anyone else know of another live feed?
    Got ya covered bud! Its in spanish but its the best I can do.

http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopa...rtidos-en-vivo

Thread Information