Thread: Fantasy Football??

Default Fantasy Football??

Football season is upon us! Ok, so it's still a few weeks away but I've gotten the itch for it again already! I noticed that last year the forum had a keeper league (link) but I wasn't sure how many of these people were still either active in the forum or going to be active in the fantasy football league.

I know that I'd be interested in joining up another league (keeper or not) this season as they are always a blast. I've been using Yahoo for all of my leagues also and have had great success with them.

I guess this post is to 1) find out if the keeper league from last year is still going on, and 2) gauge interest in getting something set up if the league is done.

So there it is...

WHO'S READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

2. Default

I would be interested, I played every year back in my Navy days but I haven't played since. I just don't seem to keep much interest in the open free leagues, we had a large pool back at Oceana that kept everyone's attention. As long as it stays a buy in league count me in.

I'd be interested.

Yes, the league is still happening and I'll be running it again. But we can chill for now. I've got the league set up and a draft spot that will be voted on once we have enough people.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

How many spots do you have open, or do you know who is returning yet?

No idea yet. Last year we had 10 in the league, I'm always open to making it 12, so if the same 10 want back in, we can expand the league by 2 managers.

BTW, I have to futz with the keeper rules. It'll still be only 1 keeper per team max. But I have to figure out if it makes any sense if you trade away your keeper for somebody else's first round draft pick, do you thus get two first round picks?

I also have to make it so that we don't have somebody keeping the same guy for 10 seasons straight. So I'm debating whether or not to do a one-year per keeper type thing, or every year beyond the first costs you as many draft picks (2 year keeper=1st and 2nd round picks). This will all be debated once we have the league set up. I'm going to start the 2010 thread since people are clearly looking at football even though they just started camps.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

EGQ, just so you know, you're up first on the wait list to get in because last year we had to cut you. So, if a previous manager wants out, you're up first. Hopefully though we'll just have enough for 12 teams.

Also, if anybody has any questions, let's take discussion to the now existing official thread: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...ers-FFL-Keeper
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Thread Information