Thread: Everyday smoke

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Everyday smoke

Just wondering if you guys had a favorite smoke just for everyday, nothing special. I am wanting to buy a box of good AFFORDABLE cigars to smoke for no special occasion, and hopefully to jump start my collection. Any suggestions?
    -Mike

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    Just wondering if you guys had a favorite smoke just for everyday, nothing special. I am wanting to buy a box of good AFFORDABLE cigars to smoke for no special occasion, and hopefully to jump start my collection. Any suggestions?
    -Mike

Good question!. Try the La Vieja Habana "Fumas." Priced in the low $20s-35.00 a box. I never smoked mixed-fils before a good cigar buddy of mine recommended these. Great flavor and solid construction. You can also get some Perdomo "overruns" at an equally competitive price. The coronas and churchills are excellent, but the lanceros have some serious plugging issues. I'd have to say that my favorite low-budget one is the Padron 2000. If that is still too pricey, look at their fumas cigar. Also a good one as well.

I'm in a try everything stage at the moment, but if I had to pick an inexpensive but decent smoke I'd go with a Jose L. Piedras Cazadore or Brevas. Overall a decent cuban. I've had about 14. Only one bad one so far, was like falling down into a dirty diaper with your mouth open after the baby has been on an all you eat super spicy chilli feast. Nasty to say the least.

Not sure about an inexpensive but decent non-cuban, but some one will post one for you.
    Life is beautiful, death is peaceful. It's the transition that's bothersome.
    -Isaac Asimov

I agree with SFG75. I did a box split with him on some LVH's and I am on my last one, so I ordered up another box. They are a good smoke to offer to friends or smoke on a daily basis.

As far as Cubans go, I have enjoyed the Quintero Coronas for $10 a piece and they are a great smoke, although since them I have come to prefer much larger ring gauges
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I don't usually smoke the same cigar everyday. May be it's just me but I like to rotate b etween 7 or so different ones.

My favorite everyday cigar is a Cubita perfecto, about $4.25, it s a great smoke.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default daily smoker

Here my two cents:

I have two cigars I keep around for daily smoking. The first is the Hoyo De Monterrey Sabroso Natural. I like this for a number of reasons. First the size is right for a relatively quick smoke but large enough to keep the cigar from getting to hot. (5" by 40 ring). Second they have a strong, spicy flavor that I enjoy. Third they are pretty cheap by the box. Now I am not affiliated with this store or website but one of my local shops, 2 guys smoke shop in Salem NH (http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/) is having a twentieth anniversary sale and one of the deals is that they are selling the Sabroso at $20 dollars a box. That brings a good strong daily smoke to under a buck a stick.

My second daily is a 3X3 churchill. I got turned on to these at t2 guys. I was told they are Davidoff seconds. They were deemed seconds because of a blemish on the wrapper. Now I can't attest to the veracity of these statements but I can tell you that these cigars are good tasting, medium strength churchills that have a good draw and a casual to quick burn speed for their size. The price I have been paying on these trends from 2.99 to 3.10 depending on where I buy them. You can buy them bundled in packages of 9 tubes but I have found that you only save about 1 to 2 dollars so it's best to test out a few to see if you like them prior to going with a bundle.

Hope this was helpful.

Also I am new to this board and this is my first post. From what I have read I am looking forward to being a member.

I ordered some cigars from cigargold.com and they threw in one of their Nativo pantellas http://www.cigargold.com/master.cfm?...uctSKU=GR69025

I ordered a bundle later on cause they are quite a bargain and the perfect size smoke for my walk to the train in the morning.
    Last edited by joshua; 07-08-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Domestic: A. Fuente 8-5-8 Maddie

ISOM: Romeo Y Julieta Exhibition #4
    "Some people like thier cucumbers pickeled"

Quote Originally Posted by STYX&STONED
    Domestic: A. Fuente 8-5-8 Maddie
    Errr... 8-5-8's are excellent, but a $6 a pop for singles and around $100 by the box I wouldn't class them as an everyday smoke... Hell that costs as much as a 2 pack a day cig habit!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Saint Luis Rey Rothschilde

Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro.

Both can be had for $2 a stick if, Purchased by the box.
    The only thing missing from my life is money and more Cigars.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    Errr... 8-5-8's are excellent, but a $6 a pop for singles and around $100 by the box I wouldn't class them as an everyday smoke... Hell that costs as much as a 2 pack a day cig habit!
    THe 8-5-8 nattie is my preference-excellent smoke, but you are dead on about the price. Definitely not a yard-gar IMHO.

You're posting again without answering my post, Alfred... Post a quote from CC defending Oblik when he first came to this board, or a retraction in your dork thread...

Default How about.......

Punch Rothschilde EMS (or maduro, I just don't care for maduro personally). By the box they come out at a little over $2 a smoke. Tough to beat IMHO.

I just scored a five pack of Sherpa Diablos on Cigarbid. I've heard lots of hoopla about Sherpa and I can't seem to find them locally. Can't wait to try em'!

15. Default

Most Jose L. Piedra's are both affordable and good.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Mayorga corona or robusto or toro....great cigars (especially when they are aged a bit, they are really great then)...but for a small price, they are a great smoke.

Thread Information