Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Cigars, Coffee and now ports.
    Mark,
    Let me know when your episode of Hoarders is on.
    I had to look up to see what Hoarders is. More accurately, maybe I should be on a show called Consumers. We drink coffee every day; I just like the good stuff. I only have one humidor, and can tell you, it's less than half full at the moment. My wife loves wine. Granted, we've slowed our intake down considerably since becoming pregnant last summer, but I've enjoyed sipping port with a nice spicy cigar. I don't have many ports, but I have a few. It's part of this project I'm working on. I don't know anything about ports, so I'm interested in hearing others with similar passions. I'd love to one day get into the vintages, but for right now, I'm hanging with the LBV's (late bottle vintages), tawnys, and rubys. I have developed a few favorite labels, and know the flavor profile I prefer, but I'm still learning.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, though. But my house is empty, man. I did just watch a little clip from an episode of that show - there's no way I could ever live like that. I'd watch an episode, but I'm already too deep into other shows, and I want to try to watch the first 5 seasons of Lost before the end of the year.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I had to look up to see what Hoarders is. More accurately, maybe I should be on a show called Consumers. We drink coffee every day; I just like the good stuff. I only have one humidor, and can tell you, it's less than half full at the moment. My wife loves wine. Granted, we've slowed our intake down considerably since becoming pregnant last summer, but I've enjoyed sipping port with a nice spicy cigar. I don't have many ports, but I have a few. It's part of this project I'm working on. I don't know anything about ports, so I'm interested in hearing others with similar passions. I'd love to one day get into the vintages, but for right now, I'm hanging with the LBV's (late bottle vintages), tawnys, and rubys. I have developed a few favorite labels, and know the flavor profile I prefer, but I'm still learning.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, though. But my house is empty, man. I did just watch a little clip from an episode of that show - there's no way I could ever live like that. I'd watch an episode, but I'm already too deep into other shows, and I want to try to watch the first 5 seasons of Lost before the end of the year.
    Again, I live near two heavily Portuguese populated cities.
    Fall River & New Bedford. Aka “Little Azores” I have access to very good Portuguese fortified wines. Ports, Maderas anything you need Mark
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information