All, I am new to the forum....live in Houston, Texas. Strangely enough, even though Texas is very into personal property rights there is an active campaign here against smokers rights. Many (if not most) towns and counties have very very stringent anti-smoking ordinances. The result is that there are very few places where a cigar smoker can go and enjoy. Virtually none in the Houston / Galveston area where someone can go and actually have both a drink and a cigar.

I have enjoyed the habit for about 25 years. More so in the last 10. Currently, I am into Chateau Real's, Nat Shermans, and the occasional Dunhill. Recently I decided to build a cigar room in my house on the theory that it will be a while before the fun-police actually get around to banning people from smoking in their own homes. That lead me to start surfing the internet in an effort to solve some of the obvious problems (ventilation, etc...). Which led me here.

Not sure what else folks would find useful to know about me. Let's see, I used to be a boater but my boat got burned up during hurricane Ike. I enjoy port, red wine, beer, the occasional hard drink (like reserve bourbons). I own a few guns but don't shoot them as often as I'd like and, although I have a license to carry a concealed handgun, I have never actually done so. I'm a big supporter of Joe Horne, Campos and Rameon. For those of you who don't know who they are...google em and find out. It'll tell you a lot!

Glad to be a member...looking forward to taping into the network and learning.