Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

1. Default Introduction

All, I am new to the forum....live in Houston, Texas. Strangely enough, even though Texas is very into personal property rights there is an active campaign here against smokers rights. Many (if not most) towns and counties have very very stringent anti-smoking ordinances. The result is that there are very few places where a cigar smoker can go and enjoy. Virtually none in the Houston / Galveston area where someone can go and actually have both a drink and a cigar.

I have enjoyed the habit for about 25 years. More so in the last 10. Currently, I am into Chateau Real's, Nat Shermans, and the occasional Dunhill. Recently I decided to build a cigar room in my house on the theory that it will be a while before the fun-police actually get around to banning people from smoking in their own homes. That lead me to start surfing the internet in an effort to solve some of the obvious problems (ventilation, etc...). Which led me here.

Not sure what else folks would find useful to know about me. Let's see, I used to be a boater but my boat got burned up during hurricane Ike. I enjoy port, red wine, beer, the occasional hard drink (like reserve bourbons). I own a few guns but don't shoot them as often as I'd like and, although I have a license to carry a concealed handgun, I have never actually done so. I'm a big supporter of Joe Horne, Campos and Rameon. For those of you who don't know who they are...google em and find out. It'll tell you a lot!

Glad to be a member...looking forward to taping into the network and learning.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Bitterville.

I have to post THIS link too
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Welcome from SC.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Welcome from North Carolina nice intro.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Oregon, hope you enjoy the boards! Roger
    Just another day at the office!

Outstanding .... pro-2A, pro cigars, and pro booze. Nice.

Welcome to the forums.

Kris

Nice intro, welcome from NW PA

Keith

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Howdy.

Quote Originally Posted by bassassman View Post
    ...I'm a big supporter of Joe Horne, Campos and Rameon. For those of you who don't know who they are...google em and find out. It'll tell you a lot!
    A very interesting story about Joe Horne Google brought up - Quanell X (not mentioned in your intro, but apparently tied to Mr. Horne) is an interesting character too...

Now - who the heck are Campos and Rameon?

But I digress... WELCOME!

Blog Entries

Sorry about your boat!

...but welcome from SC.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Nice intro, welcome to the forum.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Welcome from Lancaster, PA.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Good intro! Welcome to the board from W. Tn.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

14. Default

Greetings from another W. Tennessee guy.

Blog Entries

Welcome from northern Louisiana.

Sorry about your boat.

I'd be interested in hearing port recommendations. I'm starting a collection of a wide variety of ports, and can always appreciate a good suggestion.

I had to look up who Joe Horn was, but I'm well aware of the Campos and Rameon situation. You'll find similar-minded folks here, for the most part, but we don't talk politics here. Ever.

Welcome again.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

16. Default

Welcome! Glad to see another Texan join the board.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by bassassman View Post
    All, I am new to the forum....live in Houston, Texas. Strangely enough, even though Texas is very into personal property rights there is an active campaign here against smokers rights. Many (if not most) towns and counties have very very stringent anti-smoking ordinances. The result is that there are very few places where a cigar smoker can go and enjoy. Virtually none in the Houston / Galveston area where someone can go and actually have both a drink and a cigar.

I have enjoyed the habit for about 25 years. More so in the last 10. Currently, I am into Chateau Real's, Nat Shermans, and the occasional Dunhill. Recently I decided to build a cigar room in my house on the theory that it will be a while before the fun-police actually get around to banning people from smoking in their own homes. That lead me to start surfing the internet in an effort to solve some of the obvious problems (ventilation, etc...). Which led me here.

Not sure what else folks would find useful to know about me. Let's see, I used to be a boater but my boat got burned up during hurricane Ike. I enjoy port, red wine, beer, the occasional hard drink (like reserve bourbons). I own a few guns but don't shoot them as often as I'd like and, although I have a license to carry a concealed handgun, I have never actually done so. I'm a big supporter of Joe Horne, Campos and Rameon. For those of you who don't know who they are...google em and find out. It'll tell you a lot!

Glad to be a member...looking forward to taping into the network and learning.
    Welcome to the board from North New Jersey.

Also for any doing the google search its Joe Horn & (Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean) you will find the results better this way.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    Welcome to the board from North New Jersey.

Also for any doing the google search its Joe Horn & (Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean) you will find the results better this way.

DG
    I found it - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post

I'd be interested in hearing port recommendations. I'm starting a collection of a wide variety of ports, and can always appreciate a good suggestion.
    Cigars, Coffee and now ports.
    Mark,
    Let me know when your episode of Hoarders is on.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information