Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xikar Xi2 busted

1. Default

Just got off the phone with my Xicar guy...You are fucked if you took the damn thing apart. Otherwise they would have replaced it.

Eat your loss and go on...No more stupid questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Just got off the phone with my Xicar guy...You are fucked if you took the damn thing apart. Otherwise they would have replaced it.

But wait, that's not a "personal experience"...

I'd still spend 3 bucks and mail it back....
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    But wait, that's not a "personal experience"...

I'd still spend 3 bucks and mail it back....
    After you put it back together of course.

Blog Entries

What if he didn't mean to take it apart, or is really sorry that he took it apart?

What if he would read the fucking thread about fixing XIKAR CUTTERS?

I mean, honestly, what are you out if you send it to them?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

5. Default

Just send the damn thing back and tell em it blew the fuck up.

Blog Entries

Tell ya what, if dauker's still skeptical about sending it back, I'll pay for the postage for him to send the broken warranty voided POS to me, and I keep it. Now that's a plan!

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

Thanks for the info and taking the time. You went above and beyond. Like I said, I seem to have a habit of voiding warranties so I'm not surprised. Truly I feel I got more then $40 worth of use out of this cutter so I'm not upset at all with it.
    Last edited by dauker; 03-19-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Or hey, here's a novel idea.....Put the damn thing back together, then mail it in. Or did you lose that screw too?
    No it's put back together, as best as it can be. Even have the busted spring back where I found it. But, and I thought I had said this, the metal of the screw is a bit soft and you can tell it was taken apart. I don't like to try to rip off companies, especially the ones I like. Xikar's website didn't say anything about their warranty being voided if I opened it up, but that seemed odd because most companies will void that. I didn't want to try to sneak one past them, or wait for however long it would take Xikar to get back to me if someone here just happened to know, from their experience or otherwise, that Xikar would automatically void it if I had opened it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    No shit, take the advice that is given and shove it up your ass...do your own dirty work and call the fucking comapny yourself......JEEEEEZZZZ.
    I did send them an email but I haven't yet received a reply. Phone calls are normally difficult to pull off in my job.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    But guys, that's not fair. You aren't catering to HIS specific need.
    Seems like noobies get flamed for not asking specific enough question and are frequently told to use the search function. I ask a specific question which hasn't been asked before and I got answers that didn't pertain to my specific question then get flamed for asking people answer my specific question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    No it's put back together, as best as it can be. Even have the busted spring back where I found it. But, and I thought I had said this, the metal of the screw is a bit soft and you can tell it was taken apart. I don't like to try to rip off companies, especially the ones I like. Xikar's website didn't say anything about their warranty being voided if I opened it up, but that seemed odd because most companies will void that. I didn't want to try to sneak one past them, or wait for however long it would take Xikar to get back to me if someone here just happened to know, from their experience or otherwise, that Xikar would automatically void it if I had opened it up.
    So, exactly how would putting the disassembled cutter in an envelop and mailing it to the company constitute ripping them off? And if they decided not to replace it for some reason, you're out a couple of bucks....BFD.

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    Seems like noobies get flamed for not asking specific enough question and are frequently told to use the search function. I ask a specific question which hasn't been asked before and I got answers that didn't pertain to my specific question then get flamed for asking people answer my specific question.
    You asked this in the OP:
    "Anyone have experience with a situation like this with Xikar? Should I risk wasting the postage to send it in, or should I just pick up a new one?"
    Seems to me the 2nd question was answered repeatedly.

BTW, since phone calls are such a bitch for ya, a simple google search revealed this:
    http://www.xikar.com/warranty/warranty.asp

You must interpret "if for any reason" much differently than I do.

Blog Entries

SEND THE FUCKING THING BACK!!!!!!!!!

If you're really worried about marks on the button, just tell them you had to tighten it because it kept coming loose.

Jesus, it will cost 2 bucks to mail, wtf is the problem? You aren't "ripping them off", it broke! It has a LIFETIME GUARANTEE! THEY WILL REPLACE THE FUCKING THING!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    But guys, that's not fair. You aren't catering to HIS specific need.

I understand that he can unconditionally send it back, no questions asked, no matter what, but what if he hadn't ever cleaned it? What if he didn't keep it stored in the box? What if he cut the cigars in the dark? What if he already owns another cutter?

Maybe someone will spell it out more for him, or maybe he'll get a fucking helmet and take the advice he's been given.
    Actually - Xikar has one of the best warranties I've EVER seen. Literally - all of the things you mention would not matter to Xikar. If the cutter is not oiled - it the blades dull (for any reason) - if the spring breaks - case cracks - etc, etc, etc - they will replace it literally no questions asked.

However - that being said - why anyone in their right mind with that kind of warranty thinking this is a "do it yourself" repair project is beyond me. As has been said - all you have to do is drop the broken cutter into a padded envelope with a note (name address phone number) and in about 2 weeks a replacement will arrive.

I'd suggest you take all the parts - put them into a padded envelope - put a note in the envelope with your name, address and phone number. What do you have to lose? The cutter is toast anyway. Worst that can happen is Xikar says you took it apart and they're not replacing it.

...and going forward, gawker - try not to be attracted to doing things you were not trained to do.

sheessshhh... Next thing you know, gawker will be trying to do Rolex watch repairs.

Blog Entries

ain't that hard to take them apart, and put them back together....

Uncle Tupelo

13. Default

IMHO I would take it by a local cigar shop and pay them to re assemble it. Then i would next day air it to Xicar and demand an original german made bladed one,not them fucking cheap assed chineeeese made lead alloy pieces of shit. I'd throw some pubes in the box also just to be a dik
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    IMHO I would take it by a local cigar shop and pay them to re assemble it. Then i would next day air it to Xicar and demand an original german made bladed one,not them fucking cheap assed chineeeese made lead alloy pieces of shit. I'd throw some pubes in the box also just to be a dik
    I am LMAO right now, because I can see you plucking pubes to put them in the box

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Are they really chinese shit metal now? One of the reasons I bought my xicar was I thought that it was german made steel, which IMHO is one of the best things for blades, or at least it is for culinary knives (thats why I had to drop $100 per knife, but totally worth it when you take care of them.) I will be pretty pissed if it wasn't german now.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

BWA I want your opinion so I am clear should he send the cutter back?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    BWA I want your opinion so I am clear should he send the cutter back?

"We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

18. Default

Any update on this situation????

19. Default

Any update on this situation????

Who gives a fuck?

20. Default

I amm jest wantting to lern some gigar nowlegde.

lol

Thread Information