Thread: Hot Potato " with all the trimmings" Pass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hot Potato " with all the trimmings" Pass

Ok folks - here's the story...

I'm going to put together a little pass, which (hopefully) will be never ending. It will be a chance for each of us to share some cigars. try some new things, establish reputations, etc., etc., etc.

The "with all the trimmings" part - I'm going to include a couple of cigars that are not necessarily easy to find (i.e. Opus X). It will not be so outrageous that they cannot be traded for, but sufficiently good that there will be desire to trade for them. In other words - I'm trying to create a pass that is not full of yard gars.

The requirements will be that each member trades value for value - one for one (in other words - do NOT take one very nice cigar and put three yard gars in place and think it's even). It's okay to test with the community what would be value for value - and I would expect that the community would be benevolent in response (i.e. let's not flame someone for asking a legit question). That being said - I also expect that each participant do their homework. It is easy to do a little bit of research before proposing puts/takes.

So - here are the official rules:

1. Participants must have at least 100 posts, and have been a "contributing" member for at least 6 months.

This rule is not up for debate. If you don't understand why - you've not been involved long enough and, therefore, not SEEN why this rule is necessary (i.e. since there is no real connection, nothing would be worse than losing the pass to someone who could care less about the others on this board).

2. Value for value - one cigar for one cigar.

3. If you take one of the "with all the trimmings" cigars - it is expected you will replace it with an "all the trimmings" cigar (i.e. something others would really want to pick up).

4. It will be okay to trade CC for non-CC, and vice versa. However - be doggone sure of your source. If you don't know it's legit - don't trade. If you need to ask - it's likely you should not be trading. Nothing will ruin a members reputation more than trading fakes.

5. If you cannot meet the commitments - do not sign up for the pass. In other words - if life is dealing you a severe blow and you know it will affect you getting the pass out in a timely manner - pass the opportunity to the next member. Because this will be going on and on - I think there will be another opportunity to participate when you're in a better place.

6. The goal is to keep this pass simple. I'm going to be sending it out in a small Priority Mail box to keep postage costs down for everyone. I'd strongly suggest participants visit USPS.com and order the priority mail boxes (they're free). And - if you do the shipping online (via USPS "Click and Ship") the cost of shipping the box - with delivery confirmation - will be around $5.

7. All participants will post the delivery confirmation number in the pass thread - no exceptions!

8. All participants MUST BE at least 18 yoa. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Hopefully this all makes sense. I really want to keep this simple and fun...

Okay - who's in?

Pass Order:

1. CigarSarge - Done
    2. nhcigarfan - Done
    3. Heftysmokes - Done
    4. Badwhale - Done
    5. slcraiders - Done
    6. BigMacFU - Done
    7. CigarBear - Done
    8. Mail Man - Done
    9. Logan 37 - Done
    10. prophetic joe - Done
    11. Lopaka - Done
    12. EGQ - Done

On "Stand-by":

If there are no other takers, the pass will come home to papa.
    Last edited by ggiese; 09-24-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added participants / updating pass order

Thread Information