Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hot Potato " with all the trimmings" Pass

Alright -- it looks like it was Lopaka who put this together and prophetic_joe was just the middle man. I pm'd Lopaka and haven't received a response, so for convenience we'll assume the extra Cohiba was a gift for me -- and my other clarifications are correct.

My proposed put/takes:

Padron No. 9 Maduro for a Cohiba Siglo IV (the No. 9 had a few bucks on the Siglo IV, but 2 years of age has me willing to make that trade)

Chicago Reserve by Rocky Patel for the Montecristo IV (this one is iffy -- the Chicago Reserve is only available at a local B&M -- feel free to balk)

God of Fire Carlito Churchill for the Opus X Super Belicoso (I scored the GoFs at auction and paid $13.50 per stick -- both rare, my price paid was similar to the MSRP of the Opus)

Macanudo Vintage 2000 No. 1 for the Don Pepin Garcia Generosos (Blue Label) (contrary to popular belief, these Macanudos are smoking very well and still selling in $20 range. I scored a box at auction about 2 years ago, and I paid in the $120 range)

AF Hemingway Short Story for the Carlos Torano Gold Double Corona Churchill (not much to say here...)

Thoughts/comments?
    Last edited by EGQ; 09-17-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Typo

Blog Entries

My analysis:

Padron '26 ($14-$15) ; Cohiba IV ($11-$12)
    Rocky Chicago ($?) ; Monte 4 ($7ish)
    GoF ($20-$23 (EGQ $13.50)); Opus X ($13)
    Macanudo ($15-$20 (EGQ $10)); DPG ($6)
    SS ($5); Torano ($5)

I'd say you're feeling generous today.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    My analysis:

Padron '26 ($14-$15) ; Cohiba IV ($11-$12) -- a couple years of age on the Cohiba should be worth a buck or two...
    Rocky Chicago ($?) ; Monte 4 ($7ish) -- the Chicago Reserve retails for $6.50 -- still iffy...
    GoF ($20-$23 (EGQ $13.50)); Opus X ($13) -- an all the trimmings for an all the trimmings -- my price point was $13.50 so this stays in that range for the pass...
    Macanudo ($15-$20 (EGQ $10)); DPG ($6) -- my price is $6 or $6.50 (box of 20), so it stays in that range for the pass.
    SS ($5); Torano ($5)

I'd say you're feeling generous today.

Will
    My biggest problem is a dearth of cigars in the $8 to $12 range -- plenty under $8, and way too many over $12 (I blame the box splits). I'm certainly not trying to escalate the prices here, and I think the Cohiba is really the only one where the value argualbly goes up in a significant way.

One more thing -- I have a box of Macanudo Jades -- they're 20-25 years old -- one of those has to be comparable to the Ashton VSG, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    <snip>

One more thing -- I have a box of Macanudo Jades -- they're 20-25 years old -- one of those has to be comparable to the Ashton VSG, right?

another perfect smiley for the situation.

Uncle Tupelo

My biggest problem is a dearth of cigars in the $8 to $12 range -- plenty under $8, and way too many over $12 (I blame the box splits). I'm certainly not trying to escalate the prices here, and I think the Cohiba is really the only one where the value argualbly goes up in a significant way.

Friends don't let friends smoke Macanoodles...

Blog Entries

As far as the extra Cohiba...keep it in there Just add it to the list.

Not hearing any strenuous objections, I will coordinate with Jaime and get this out as soon as possible.

Blog Entries

Not hearing any strenuous objections, I will coordinate with Jaime and get this out as soon as possible.
    I'm going to have to sit out Ed, too much on the plate at the moment.

No worries -- I'll send Paddy a pm (but I think he's off galavanting around Ireland, Mexico or the Ivory Coast...). We're going to have to scrounge up some new names if this is going to be perpetual.

Blog Entries

No worries -- I'll send Paddy a pm (but I think he's off galavanting around Ireland, Mexico or the Ivory Coast...). We're going to have to scrounge up some new names if this is going to be perpetual.
    I thought it would just go back to George now, and start over?

Uncle Tupelo

That just seems way too simple...

Are there any more takers on this pass? Otherwise - send it back my way - I have some ideas about next steps from here.

Hmmm... Now... What to do with a Macanoodle...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Are there any more takers on this pass? Otherwise - send it back my way - I have some ideas about next steps from here.

I would say to give it to a neighborhood dog, but I like dogs too much to do that to them.

EGQ is taunting me!!! Leaving his mailbox full so I can't respond with my address!!!

Honestly, EGQ - I know it's hard to part with a well aged Macanoodle, but you gotta give it up, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

I say send it to Bill.

16. Default

I'll play again if George revamps it...Macs in a pass. What a concept.

My mailbox has been cleansed...

Sorry for the delay -- the package went out today -- USPS 03100480000024698258.

Of course when I got home, I noticed a Mac on my desk -- 99% certain it was supposed to be in the package, so I'll be sending that separately.

Thread Information