Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Potato " with all the trimmings" Pass

Nicely done Assuming there are no objections I'll get it boxed up tonight and let it fly first thing mañana.

Todd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    The Untold Story/Perfecxion X is a good pairing!

My view - the Partagas Lusitania is normally about $10-15, depending on where you pick them up. So - I'd say under normal circumstances it would be somewhat lopsided. However - because the Lusi has 10 years age on it, and it is somewhat of a "desired" cigar - I think you're in the ballpark for a 40th Anny.

I personally think it's a good trade. I leave it up to the others in the pass for their opinions.
    Are you calling the value of $25 for the 40th good ? Not in the pass, so I'm asking for my own edification and not questioning the approved trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Are you calling the value of $25 for the 40th good ? Not in the pass, so I'm asking for my own edification and not questioning the approved trade.
    I'd say value of 40th at MSRP is good because though it's hard to find, it's not out of production so to speak, and they're are plenty available at various B&M's around the country (at least NYC and Chicago area). They're also delicious. I think technically MSRP is like 29.99 or something, but still, fair value. I've loved them as much as my 80th anniversary maduros, I got those at 23/stick.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

The package is on its way to Keith. DC# 420 16154 9405 9036 9930 0015 4002 67

Todd

The box came back with the label mostly ripped off though conveniently with the return address mostly intact I'll run down to the PO today and get a new box and resend. I want to hang on to this one in case I need evidence to get a refund for the wasted shipping. Sorry for the delay y'all!

Todd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    The box came back with the label mostly ripped off though conveniently with the return address mostly intact I'll run down to the PO today and get a new box and resend. I want to hang on to this one in case I need evidence to get a refund for the wasted shipping. Sorry for the delay y'all!

Todd
    Holy ballz! Figures it's going to mailman too....
    That's why I put insurance on it when I mailed. Not implying that anyone else needs to do that of course, but it just gave me the heebee jeebees.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    That's why I put insurance on it when I mailed. Not implying that anyone else needs to do that of course, but it just gave me the heebee jeebees.

Will
    I put hefty insurance on it though some of the contents aren't really replaceable. I don't want to hold up the pass while the USPS figures out what they did wrong. I understand the cost of shipping with them is pretty low but, given the hassles I repeatedly bump into when using their services, so are my expectations. No offense to any members

PS: The contents are fine. Just the shipping label got fucked up.
    Last edited by Cigarbear; 05-14-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Reassurance

Take 2: DC#420 16154 9405 9036 9930 0015 5337 50

Will
    You do insurance??? You will do that - until the day you try to file a claim on missing cigars...

Blog Entries

You do insurance??? You will do that - until the day you try to file a claim on missing cigars...
    I guess you're saying that that doesn't work...I wonder why? I don't usually do insurance on shipping stuff, but like bear was saying, some of the stuff in there is just irreplaceable. I was more preparing for the scenario that the box & contents were damaged.

George, if you're telling me no matter what I'd be SOL with insurance on cigars, I won't bother anymore.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

I thought about that...after the fact. Having not filed a claim through the USPS, I wasn't sure if I'd have to produce the damaged contents. I figure shame on me for not thinking about the prohibited contents but I s'pose it's a donation to the beleaguered postal service As long as the box doesn't come back again I'm fine with it!

Todd

I guess you're saying that that doesn't work...I wonder why? I don't usually do insurance on shipping stuff, but like bear was saying, some of the stuff in there is just irreplaceable. I was more preparing for the scenario that the box & contents were damaged.

George, if you're telling me no matter what I'd be SOL with insurance on cigars, I won't bother anymore.

Will
    USPS will not pay claims on missing/damaged cigars. I've even seen a very badly damaged humidor claim denied. From what I've seen - it is not worth putting insurance on the package - save the money and spend it on cigars!

I got the package in today, and they all looked fine.
    I have to say that on Friday my wife lost her ATM card, and now we have about $5.00 left in the account. I am going to have to spend some time on the phone to dispute these charges.

How about I just send the cigars out to the next person in line so I don't hold anyone up.

Sorry guys.

Keith

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

That fucking sucks Keith! Good luck with the disputes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    I got the package in today, and they all looked fine.
    I have to say that on Friday my wife lost her ATM card, and now we have about $5.00 left in the account. I am going to have to spend some time on the phone to dispute these charges.

How about I just send the cigars out to the next person in line so I don't hold anyone up.

Sorry guys.

Keith
    Sounds like a PITA.

I'm not speaking for everyone in the pass, but how long do you think it would take before you could do your put / takes? I mean, I don't think there's a requirement to turn it around in one day.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Sounds like a PITA.

I'm not speaking for everyone in the pass, but how long do you think it would take before you could do your put / takes? I mean, I don't think there's a requirement to turn it around in one day.

Will
    Well, I am hoping to have as much done as I can do in the next day...so, I should beable to get it in the air by Wednesday...Thursday the latest???

If all are okay, I appreciate the patience.

Keith

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Not a problem for me. Sorry to hear about the charges , good luck getting them cancelled. Hope the bust the person.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Well, I am hoping to have as much done as I can do in the next day...so, I should beable to get it in the air by Wednesday...Thursday the latest???

If all are okay, I appreciate the patience.

Keith
    Sounds very reasonable, Keith...

I got in this kinda late so I am not counting my opinion too high but I think a few days is not a problem at all man.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Sorry everyone, been on the road for the last 5 days and had no internet. I don't have a problem with this.

I hope you where able to get everything taken care of.

Lopaka

Thread Information