Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hot Potato " with all the trimmings" Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Brother,

If it gets here before I leave on Sunday, I can send it your way and wait. NP. Also, there is a good chance that it will arrive after I have left for NY. My wife has instructions to send it if it arrives while I'm gone. GG, give me the word and I'll have Mamma send to Ashauler if it don't get here while I'm here. I don't want the "Potato" to sit in my house while I'm on the road. Darn last min missions...

We can play it by ear if you like. I just want to it get to Germany at this point.

Lopaka

I'll leave it up to Jamie - if he thinks he can get it in time and turned around without a whole lot of rushing around - I'm game. Otherwise - off to the next participant and I'll move you and Jamie down on the list...

BTW, kiddies - I will be heading out of town Sunday for a week. WAY out of town... I don't know what the internet situation is going to be - or if/when I'll be checking in. So - if you don't hear from me I'll likely be under some swaying palms sucking on a Mai Tai. I wish it was pleasure, but I will make due with what I have (i.e. conducting interviews in the Cabana).

I hope all of you behave yourselves while I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Sounds good Jamie. I've updated our pass list, since it seems Mr. Lopaka is currently on a world tour and too busy for us...

Nate - please send this on to ashauler. Jamie - send it on to that old goat licker Paddy when you're done.
    Yeah, I'm glad I'm in.
    I have to hit the high end B&M. You guy's have much better stashes than mine.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'll leave it up to Jamie - if he thinks he can get it in time and turned around without a whole lot of rushing around - I'm game. Otherwise - off to the next participant and I'll move you and Jamie down on the list...
    Okey dokey, let's see when it gets to Lopaka.....I can turn it around pretty quickly. If it gets to me anytime before July 2, I can handle it and move it on. I'd rather Lopaka get to make his trades since he's out of the country. Worse comes to worse, I'll leave instructions to forward it if I'm out when it arrives.

Blog Entries

Mr. Postman, don't fail me now!

Lopaka

Blog Entries

Just a quick update- I'm on my 2 nations tour and not expect to return until next Sunday. The wife will let me know when the box arrives. I'll post as soon as I find out. I hoping the snail will move fast this week!

Come on Mr. Postman!!
    Lopaka

Blog Entries

I just checked in with the wife and she hasn't check the mail in 2 days. She'll check it tomorrow, hopefully, Mr. Postman hasn't let me down!!

I'll be home in a couple of days so hopefully this will arrive soon!

Lopaka

Blog Entries

It won't get to me in time, so you'll have to skip me. I'll get back in when I'm able.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    It won't get to me in time, so you'll have to skip me. I'll get back in when I'm able.
    That would put me next. Jamie I can email you the contents. If there is anything you really wanted I can trade for it, any we can square up down the road.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I've moved Lopaka and Ashauler to the "on hold" group - and it will be off to Paddy next.

Jamie and Rob - please let me know if/when you want me to throw you back into the pass order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    And I sent it off to him today before logging on here. I'm sorry guys. It should be to him in two days.
    GG, I maybe confused. I just logged on here to say that I haven’t received the box as of 30 June because PJ posted he had already sent the box.

Is it not coming my way? If not, that is cool, I can stop going to my post office everyday hoping to get a box and walking away disappointed it's not here yet.

I just don't want you guys thinking I'm keeping you out of the loop. Just figured a post everyday that it hasn't arrived wasn't a good thing either.

Lopaka

GG, I maybe confused. I just logged on here to say that I haven’t received the box as of 30 June because PJ posted he had already sent the box.

Is it not coming my way? If not, that is cool, I can stop going to my post office everyday hoping to get a box and walking away disappointed it's not here yet.

I just don't want you guys thinking I'm keeping you out of the loop. Just figured a post everyday that it hasn't arrived wasn't a good thing either.

Lopaka

Nate? Any tracking info you can share?

Well guys I have no idea wtf is going on. DC# 0310 0480 0000 0620 2688

Checking it out says: Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60688 facility on June 16, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

That's the last info on it.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Well guys I have no idea wtf is going on. DC# 0310 0480 0000 0620 2688

Checking it out says: Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60688 facility on June 16, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

That's the last info on it.
    I can tell you with the utmost surety. There is neither rhyme nor reason for the European post.
    I have sent packages home to Ireland with some getting there in 3-4 days, others taking 3-4 weeks. Patience, although the potato may not be hot any more by the time it reaches Deutschland.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Paddy is correct. I've had things get here in 3-4 days and I just got something today that I sent for 4 weeks ago. It's got to get through our Military PO system. I'm checking everyday...

Today...nada.

If we reach week 4 and nothing has arrived, I'll start the pass over from here. I was telling my wife that I'm waiting for this box and the only thing that she said would stop it from getting here is if there isn't a custom form on it. It should get here!

Come on Mr. Postman!!

Lopaka

Blog Entries

Keeping you all updated after the holiday break.

Checked this morning. Not yet...Mr. Postman is making me learn patience...bastag!

Lopaka

Keeping you all updated after the holiday break.

Checked this morning. Not yet...Mr. Postman is making me learn patience...bastag!

Lopaka
    Mr. Postman is begininng to piss me off a little.

info on site
    Label/Receipt Number: 0310 0480 0000 0620 2688
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60688 facility on June 16, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 16, 2010, 6:08 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60688
    Acceptance, June 15, 2010, 3:25 pm, CHEROKEE, IA 51012
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 07-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Hoban Washburn

Mr. Postman is begininng to piss me off a little.

info on site
    Label/Receipt Number: 0310 0480 0000 0620 2688
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60688 facility on June 16, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 16, 2010, 6:08 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60688
    Acceptance, June 15, 2010, 3:25 pm, CHEROKEE, IA 51012
    Once the package leaves the USA, that all the info you'll get.
    European postal service is hit or miss. It will get there eventually.
    Putting DC on an international package is a waist of money. You will get NO confirmation of the delivery.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Once the package leaves the USA, that all the info you'll get.
    European postal service is hit or miss. It will get there eventually.
    Putting DC on an international package is a waist of money. You will get NO confirmation of the delivery.
    yeah DC was mainly to prove it was shipped. Still aggravating that it's been 3 weeks and no arrival.
    Hoban Washburn

yeah DC was mainly to prove it was shipped. Still aggravating that it's been 3 weeks and no arrival.
    I send a lot of DVD's home to my sister. They come out months earlier in the USA.
    Some get there in 3 days others can take 3-4 weeks. I have had some go as long as 6 weeks. All sent in the same way. First class airmail. I have had parcel post packages take months ( do to the fact they go cargo ship). I only do that when the weight makes it to expensive for airmail. My guess is this is a customs hold up.
    was it sent to an APO or a German residence?
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information