Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nub Cigars

I had picked up a sampler of nubs, guess I fell for the gimmick. They were ok, but I will second (or third?) what others have said about their price point. That being said, my wife thought I liked them and bought me more. They sit in my humidor and they seem to be what friends grab when we're having a smoke.

I agree with most of you. I do like the smoke (honestly), but the price is up there.

I actually bought the Habano 466's for $3.75 a stick from JoeCigar on Friday. My local cigar shop normally sells the 466's (specifically) at $7.00 a stick and that is unreal. The max I pay for any nub is around $4.75. Past that, I visit the other brands.

I'm definitely not an aficionado and that is why I am here. To learn.

Blog Entries

Nub's are no value for the $$. The concept is ridiculous, imo.

If you think you have been flamed in this thread, I think you're gonna need a little thicker skin.

I hope you enjoy your stay, or not.

WOW, I felt a major ass-kicking coming on, but the kid recovered. Brillant !
    Jamie,
    I'm very proud of you ! You are becoming a much nicer to noobs member.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

5. Default

Im awake
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Im awake
    Sure, now you wake up

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Jamie,
    Well Paddy, I'm worried, and have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow.
    Besides, I have always thought I was rather pleasant to most newb's.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Well Paddy, I'm worried, and have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow.
    Besides, I have always thought I was rather pleasant to most newb's.
    Actually you never confirmed with my receptionist so we already filled your appt for tomorrow with someone else. I can fit you in Thursday if that works for you.

Since this is kind of an intro thread now (I guess?).. I will say welcome from Arizona!

As for Nubs, I have had a few. I think they are decent cigars personally (I like a short smoke) but I agree they are way over priced. I am sure you will find some other sticks that you really like as you sample around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr. cox View Post
    Actually you never confirmed with my receptionist so we already filled your appt for tomorrow with someone else. I can fit you in Thursday if that works for you.
    Bite me, newb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    They suck, end of story. Next.

Lopaka

Ditto.

If I'm going to spend good money on a stick then it better be a damned good stick.

It also won't be something geared towards the likes of metrosexuals that "want to play pretend" cigar aficionado because they want to look like real men.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    Ditto.

If I'm going to spend good money on a stick then it better be a damned good stick.

It also won't be something geared towards the likes of metrosexuals that "want to play pretend" cigar aficionado because they want to look like real men.
    Your first comment makes complete since, however, your second comment is just plain ignorance. I do appreciate the opinion though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyc View Post
    Your first comment makes complete since, however, your second comment is just plain ignorance. I do appreciate the opinion though.
    Ok, no more Mr. Niceguy.....take your attitude and stuff it up your ass, right next to the shitty little stub of a cigar that you enjoy so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Ok, no more Mr. Niceguy.....take your attitude and stuff it up your ass, right next to the shitty little stub of a cigar that you enjoy so much.
    First, I come on this forum and get flogged for not posting a introduction. Well fuck you, there is no sticky stating to do this. Almost every thread had somebody getting flamed. I wasn't about to get into that. You want a fucking introduction? Make a fucking sticky note and say "Hey, do this." Don't blame the poor new guys that view your forum, see how you flame everybody, and then "expect the best" when they don't do what you expect them to do. Make rules, guidelines, and people will follow them.

Ashauler, go fuck yourself. Seriously. That last post MarineOne made was pure ignorance. Stereotypical fucking jarhead. Yea, I have affiliation with the military, and that is a very standard response type from that little section. So there, have some real fucking attitude.

After waiting nearly a week to have my account activated, I've clearly seen this place is not for me. It appears that their are several good people on board and a few asshats I'd rather not deal with.

Admin. Please delete this account. I will not be back.

Blog Entries

First, I come on this forum and get flogged for not posting a introduction. Well fuck you, there is no sticky stating to do this. Almost every thread had somebody getting flamed. I wasn't about to get into that. You want a fucking introduction? Make a fucking sticky note and say "Hey, do this." Don't blame the poor new guys that view your forum, see how you flame everybody, and then "expect the best" when they don't do what you expect them to do. Make rules, guidelines, and people will follow them.

Ashauler, go fuck yourself. Seriously. That last post MarineOne made was pure ignorance. Stereotypical fucking jarhead. Yea, I have affiliation with the military, and that is a very standard response type from that little section. So there, have some real fucking attitude.

After waiting nearly a week to have my account activated, I've clearly seen this place is not for me. It appears that their are several good people on board and a few asshats I'd rather not deal with.

Booo fuckin Hooo, panty-waist poser boy. Don't have the common sense to function appropriately without someone telling you how? LMFAO

16. Default

You speak of ignorance and then you become a prime example of it...We don't delete accounts or posts. You will live on here. Your words and actions are here forever.

Blog Entries

blah,blah,blah.....I will not be back.
    Ya, right, you just won't log in again.......chicken shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    WOW, I felt a major ass-kicking coming on, but the kid recovered. Brillant !
    Jamie,
    Paddy,

Any comments?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I LOVE a good meltdown in the morning!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I LOVE a good meltdown in the morning!
    All that you need is a cup of coffee and a cigar to complete the experience.

Thread Information