Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nub Cigars

Default Nub Cigars

I searched the forum board and could not locate any references to the Nub cigars. I was just curious who else has nubbed it out and what your thoughts were? Frankly, I love the bloody things!

LYC

Blog Entries

I guess that's an intro.....

I've had some decent Nubs, maybe one that wasn't so hot (I think it was the habano wrapper one), and as a result, I don't really go out of my way to find them. I feel they're a bit overpriced.

I seem to recall a decent amount of conversations about these. Not sure why search didn't turn anything up...

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

I think they suck...I'm really surprised Oliva bought into that line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I seem to recall a decent amount of conversations about these. Not sure why search didn't turn anything up...
    I think that is because the search requires the keyword to be more than 3 characters long...

so uh, welcome to the forum lyc - maybe try an intro? Man, I hope you aren't the Nub version of Steve Tabak...

ETA: Steve was the marketing genius who decided it was good marketing to lie to us by pretending to give an honest review of Pride cigars.

-Buzz
    Last edited by buzz; 03-23-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I think they suck...I'm really surprised Oliva bought into that line.
    Elaborate a bit?

Yea, I used the advanced searched method searching the whole post for keyword nub and no matches found for me.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I think that is because the search requires the keyword to be more than 3 characters long...

so uh, welcome to the forum lyc - maybe try an intro? Man, I hope you aren't the Nub version of Steve Tabak...

ETA: Steve was the marketing genius who decided it was good marketing to lie to us by pretending to give an honest review of Pride cigars.

-Buzz
    I don't recall see the location specifically for introductory posts. After reading through several forum posts (not necessarily intros), I decided to forgo any type of introductions. I noticed quite a few people would end up get flogged and flamed pretty bad so what was the point.

Blog Entries

They are getting flogged and flamed for good reasons - sometimes because they didn't post an intro and then when they were asked to provide one they posted their attitude instead...

You can post your intro in this thread if you want, we consider this a community and it is considered bad form to just walk in and start asking questions without at least introducing yourself.

Search around a little more and you will see what I mean - there are many examples of good intros, and many, many examples of meltdowns.

-Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    They are getting flogged and flamed for good reasons - sometimes because they didn't post an intro and then when they were asked to provide one they posted their attitude instead...

You can post your intro in this thread if you want, we consider this a community and it is considered bad form to just walk in and start asking questions without at least introducing yourself.

Search around a little more and you will see what I mean - there are many examples of good intros, and many, many examples of meltdowns.

-Buzz
    And the flame kindles... I typical join a forum board and READ the stickies to make sure I don't miss anything. I did not see anything in regards to the whole "post a intro". Maybe you should kindly add that so that you do not observe attitude from possible new members?

I'll make a bargain, I'm at work and I'm frustrated. I'll revisit this later tonight.

Blog Entries

<p>

-Buzz

Last edited by lyc; 03-24-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyc View Post
    I don't recall see the location specifically for introductory posts. After reading through several forum posts (not necessarily intros), I decided to forgo any type of introductions. I noticed quite a few people would end up get flogged and flamed pretty bad so what was the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyc View Post
    And the flame kindles... I typical join a forum board and READ the stickies to make sure I don't miss anything. I did not see anything in regards to the whole "post a intro". Maybe you should kindly add that so that you do not observe attitude from possible new members?

I'll make a bargain, I'm at work and I'm frustrated. I'll revisit this later tonight.
    There was no flaming in Buzz's post at all. He just gave you some sound advice on how this community works.

Also, IMO Nubs are a worthless gimmick. Sweet spot my ass.

Intro's been posted :) Let's get back on topic if at all possible.

I understand people like / dislike the cigar. I was hoping people would elaborate on their opinion.

Blog Entries

I see you are a "short & sweet / straight-to-the-point" kind of guy so here's my "elaborate" answer:

I can get a better tasting, longer lasting cigar for the same price.

Hope that works for ya. Enjoy your stay.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the intro.

Don't care for the Nub line. Just a personal preference. I prefer longer lanceros or churchills. I smoked the maduro and the habano - they just didn't entice me to try another one, let's leave it at that. I prefer Nicaraguan cigars above all others, at that. Maybe try a Padron or something from the Tatuaje Havana line, and let me know if you can taste the difference.

Tiny things, in general, annoy me - there are many exceptions, however.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thanks for intro. My thoughts on Nub's why pay full price for half a smoke.Would rather smoke Oliva V or O

Welcome! I enjoy Nubs but agree with the pricing. They last about as long for me as a petite but are twice as expensive. I've enjoyed the box of 464 Cameroon's I bought but I won't buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by big bill View Post
    Thanks for intro. My thoughts on Nub's why pay full price for half a smoke.Would rather smoke Oliva V or O
    X1, I would rather the "O' maduro, or the V, can't really say I like the nub..only had one, and wasn't impressed, it wasn't a BAD cigar, just didn't impress me, and liek it has been said, for that price, I can buy a cigar that does indeed impress me.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

18. Default

The very idea of a cigar hitting the "sweet spot" immediately is simply a marketing ploy. The Nubs I've had never develop much complexity. It's also uncomfortable in the mouth. I'd rather spend my money on a JdN or a Padron.

Blog Entries

They suck, end of story. Next.

Lopaka

Like many, I got my hands on some various Nubs when they were introduced, of maybe the dozen I got intially, I think there are still 6-8 still in my cooler. While to me they are not disgusting, when they sit with different company in my trays, I always seem to go for the others. For me they just don't do the trick (and I do think NUBS are a trick), especially for the price. Many more sticks out there for the same range that are more complex and less of a gimick. I'm not a gimick kind of smoker. I like the tried and test, they must fit in somewhere. Welcome
    Believe Dat!

Thread Information