Thread: New Kid with a Quick Question

Question New Kid with a Quick Question

Hey guys.
    I look forward to being a part of this forum. I am a college student in CT. I am a little bit overwhelemed with all the choices out their (to say the least). So for now I have just been going to the local cigar shop and buying what looked good. I have smoked usually Romeo Y Julieta cigars but I am now going to start poking around other brands.

Here is my quick question, what is the burning times with average puffing on these three cigars:

I have poked around, but I couldnt find much about the Punch and the Sancho Panza.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Roryo513; 04-01-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: ditched the pic lol
    “If I cannot smoke cigars in Heaven, I shall not go” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Roryo513 View Post
    Hey guys.
    I look forward to being a part of this forum. I am a college student in CT. I am a little bit overwhelemed with all the choices out their (to say the least). So for now I have just been going to the local cigar shop and buying what looked good. I have smoked usually Romeo Y Julieta cigars but I am now going to start poking around other brands.

I have poked around, but I couldnt find much about the Punch and the Sancho Panza.

Thanks in advance.
    sp, *there
    Last edited by WinstonSpencer; 04-01-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: too many pics

Blog Entries

Light them and find out.

Welcome. I'd say about an hour to an hour and a half depending on how often you puff. I tend to smoke slow so that Olivia would take me an hour and 45 minutes, give or take.

Blog Entries

I'm having trouble seeing those - could you please post bigger pics?

Thanks for the intro, and welcome to the board.

Smoking times? I guess they smoke as long as you want them to. You can take as long as you want with them, and just keep re-lighting them (in which case, I suppose, you could smoke one cigar all day long, taking puffs only periodically). The opposite of this would be to continually puff the cigar, but you risk the burn running uneven. If smoked in the more traditional sense (which is kind of preposterous to even say, who's to say what the correct way to smoke a cigar is?), a cigar should take you between 45 minutes to an hour and a half. I personally tend to smoke cigars kind of slowly.

After you smoke a few cigars, you'll be able to tell by the length and the ring gauge of the cigar. Not knowing your cigar smoking style, I'm going to guess that I could smoke all of those cigars in a little over an hour or so. Definitely under the 1:30 marker. Yours may be greater or smaller.

Welcome again to the boards. You should check out the Newbie Sampler thread in the Exchange section of the forum.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

welcome to the forum, I smoke a little faster than most, everyone is different me 30 mins.to hour.

Welcome to the forum. Those look like some good choices, imho. It's funny, when I first started smoking cigars, I would have been hard-pressed to finish any of those. Now, not so much. As far as smoking times, I think that's been covered pretty well.
    Last edited by Galvanicfish; 04-01-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: To rectify improper capitalization.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Cigars are for smoking ??????
    I eat mine ! Cabrito loves maduro's. Yummm chocolaty good.
    Natural wrappers give me heartburn.

Welcome from MA.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Welcome to the forum.
    I agree with the the 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 half hour answer.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Austin, TX.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board. Set aside about an hour at least. Could be less, could be more, depending on you.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

welcome from Oregon ! Roger
    Just another day at the office!

Word on the street is that there is nothing average about Roryo's puffing -- he's an above average puffer -- no, wait, that was fluffer...

I would guess somewhere in the 60 min range -- which is about ideal in my book. Enough time to sit down, enjoy a drink (or two) and unwind a bit.

Thanks guys.
    “If I cannot smoke cigars in Heaven, I shall not go” Mark Twain

Default depends on the weather

Hi,

I used to smoke exclusively outside and believe it or not, it's amazing how much the wind can smoke of your cigar.

spark

17. Default

You should look into the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut. It's a great mild smoke for the new or occasional smoker or even for the seasoned veteran. It has two US Connecticut shade wrappers and a great dominican blend filler with over 20% being over 18 years old! It retails for around $5 to $7 a cigar depending on size and where you buy them.

The Cusano 18 Paired Maduro is also a great cigar with a little bit more of a medium bodied smoke; same great price range! 20% of the dominican blend filler is also over 18 years old.

Shane Hays
    Online Sales & Marketing
    Cusano Cigars

www.cusanocigars.com
    Phone: (800) 347-1921
    Fax: (941) 360-8300

Thread Information