Thread: deceased Steelers fan viewed in chair

SFG75 Guest

Lightbulb deceased Steelers fan viewed in chair

As a fellow rabid fan of the black and yellow-I would want to go out like this too.

The body of rabid Pittsburgh Steelers fan James Henry Smith, who died Thursday, was laid out this week in what his family said was his favorite spot -- a recliner with the Steelers on the television.

Smith, 55, of Pittsburgh, died of prostate cancer. Because his death wasn't unexpected, his family was able to plan ahead for the unusual viewing Tuesday night.

Mourners stood before a small stage erected in the viewing room of the Samuel E. Coston Funeral Home, on which funeral director Roland Criswell had placed furniture, much as it was arranged in Smith's home on game day.

Smith's feet were crossed; a pack of cigarettes and a six-pack of beer were at his side. A continuous loop of Steelers highlights was playing on TV nearby, as Smith was reclined with a television remote in his hand and a Steelers blanket across his legs.

The reaction of Smith's loved ones varied.

"I couldn't stop crying after looking at the Steeler blanket in his lap," his sister, MaryAnn Nails, 58, of Pittsburgh, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for Wednesday's editions. "He loved football and nobody did (anything) until the game went off. It was just like he was at home."

"I saw it and I couldn't even cry," said longtime friend Mary Jones of Wilkinsburg. "People will see him the way he was. This is just a celebration."
    ___

Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com

i'm a fan of sex. my loved ones should hire a hooker to ride me at my funeral. o, and i love to drive, too. they should put me in my car with my foot on the peddle and let me drive around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i'm a fan of sex. my loved ones should hire a hooker to ride me at my funeral.

rigor mortis...the ultimate hard-on

CC....if I misspelled that I apologize....I was too damn lazy to look it up to see if I was correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    rigor mortis...the ultimate hard-on

CC....if I misspelled that I apologize....I was too damn lazy to look it up to see if I was correct.
    Nothing spelled wrong there lab
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Nothing spelled wrong there lab
    Thanks Maestro!

Default Oh my God! I'm posting an opinion on a "non-cigar board"!

Interesting..........I don't know how well it would be received if I were to be displayed in MY favorite "position"!

Put me in a pine box, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, cremate me afterwards and scatter my ashes on the beach or in a big field or in the forest or on a race track or in the ash tray of a Lamborghini or perhaps in that nice little bar down the street or maybe even in the meatloaf at the Agawam Diner.

Far too much money is spent on death. A lot of stupid, silly, wasteful crap. Embalming, $4000 coffins, cemetary plots, flowers, etc etc. What the hell are you going to do with your body after you die? NOTHING! ....... BURN IT!

Oh....P.S. - I do want to have a couple of nice cigars put in the pocket of my t-shirt. Nothing expensive mind you. Fuente Sun grown would be fine.

Thread Information