Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros!!!

Go Cubs, Go Cubs, 5-4, 5-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Go Cubs, Go Cubs, 5-4, 5-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LMAO!! The only place the Cubs are going to in October is the golf course
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Yeah, but Maddux will be playing Clemens cause the Astros aren't going either. Cubs make good spoilers, front, rear, or Houston spoilers.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO!! The only place the Cubs are going to in October is the golf course
    Yeah,unlike the Stros who will make the playoffs and lose in the first-round like always ,and how bad is clemens hamstring?I heard he is missing his next start.
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Yeah,unlike the Stros who will make the playoffs and lose in the first-round like always ,and how bad is clemens hamstring?I heard he is missing his next start.
    OH MAN, you REALLY know how to hurt a guy, huh? Yep, last year was the FIRST time they ever got past the first round EVER but this year if the Braves manage to actually win their division, I like the Astros' chances against them because right now, the Braves look like CRAP.

Yes, Clemens is indeed missing his next start which was supposed to be tomorrow. So Astacio will start and he's always good for giving up a few dingers Fortunately, most of them are with no one else on base so if Houston can SCORE SOME RUNS we might win tomorrow.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I've got faith in the "good guys". They've got a tough schedule for their last nine games but I think they'll make it through on top.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    I've got faith in the "good guys". They've got a tough schedule for their last nine games but I think they'll make it through on top.
    Goddam USELESS Cincinnati Reds

They were losing 6-1 to Philadelphia then scored NINE runs to get a 10-6 lead after eight. In the top of the 9th, they GAVE UP FIVE RUNS and the freakin' Phillies won 11-10. At least the Braves beat Florida 4-3
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

The Good Guys pulled it together again yesterday for an 8-3 win over the Cubbies.

Ohhh man holy shit we swept the Cards, up by 2!!!! Now we're gonna beat the shit outta the Cubbies here in Houston, GO ASTROS!!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Yep, we swept the "redbirds". Looks like my prediction was right. Now we know how confident SL fans are in their team. A bunch of hot air!

I put my money where my mouth is and backed my boys by offering up a bet.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1714-redbirds-rule.html

And now we know why noone had the stomach to take it. The Good Guys performed exactly as I predicted.

Go 'Stros!!!

Rusch da Orange Juice Baby!!! How do you like dem apples?!?

Blog Entries

Rusch da Orange Juice Baby!!! How do you like dem apples?!?
    Hey, if that throw home wasn't on the mark it woulda been a tie ball game I completely agree with the decision to send him

Philadelphia will lose one out of three of their last with Washington AT Washington and Hmmmmmmm lemme see, we've got Pettitte and Clemens going tomorrow and on Saturday with Oswalt on Sunday.

Astros will win the wild card
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-29-2005 at 09:39 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Lee wants MVP and Howard wants rookie-o-the year, Houston's going down

Blog Entries

Lee wants MVP and Howard wants rookie-o-the year, Houston's going down
    So tell me, will the Cubs finish over .500?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Hell no, we rock the boat during home games, gonna clean the Cubbies clock!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, ZAMBRANO!!!!

Blog Entries

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, ZAMBRANO!!!!
    LMAO, what took you so long to post? Zambrano? Uhhhhh, he didn't get the win so what't the big deal about him? Dumpster is the guy you should be hootin' & hollerin' about He's got a 0.00 ERA against the Astros

Clemens tomorrow and Oswalt on Sunday

I still say the Cubs will finish LESS than .500? Wanna bet some ceegars on it?

Can anyone tell me when the last time was the Cubbies made the playoffs or how many years it's been since they won a World Series?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Last time the Cubs made the playoffs, 2003. Last time Cubs won a post-season series, 2003. Number of post-season series won by Astros, 1 (futility is a trait in Houston too). Bill, the Cubs may suck, which is why I would never bet for them making it to .500, but I'm still gonna rub it in the face of other Central Division folk when we win!!!

Blog Entries

LOL, Oh my fuzzy memory likes to forget about 2003

However, the Astros have made the playoffs quite a few times in the last ten years or so which is more than I can say for the Cubs.

Yes, futility in the post season is something us Astros fans are used to but I still love 'em, I love the way they run the club and everything about 'em

The funny thing is that when they went to the East/Central/West format, the only team in the NL Central from the old NL west is Cincinatti. Over the years I have really come to NOT like:
    Atlanta
    LA
    SF
    SD

since they all used to be in the division with us. However, LA, SF & SD are harmless as are the Reds I've never really gotten to DISLIKE the Cubbies or the Cardinals and hell, the Brewers, aren't they still in the American League Pittsburgh is also harmless. All that being said, you'll probably NEVER see me rooting for the freakin' Braves

I dunno how anyone can "hate" the Cardinals? They're a GREAT team! Yep it sucks getting beaten regularly by them but they've got their proverbial $hit together with great pitching and a brutal offense (Pujols, Edmonds, etc.... ). If the Astros don't make it, I'll be pulling for the Cardinals unless of course they're in the World Series against the Red Sox. I've been surrounded by Red Sox fans all my life......... I pretty much don't pay much attention to the American League but when I do, I pull for Boston and if Boston's not in the picture then I root for the Yankees.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I'm partial to the Rangers and Cowboys, but still pull for the Astros and Texans. How bout them Cowboys?

Thread Information