Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    I'm partial to the Rangers and Cowboys, but still pull for the Astros and Texans. How bout them Cowboys?
    Now, now, DON'T make me yell at you about threadjacking This thread is about the

HOUSTON ASTROS

You can start a thread about the Cowboys but I really don't follow pro football so I probably won't post in it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Ohhh man holy shit we swept the Cards, up by 2!!!! Now we're gonna beat the shit outta the Cubbies here in Houston, GO ASTROS!!!!
    Hey, nice game last night. Lidge blows one...OUCH! Don't pucker up now, 'Stros!
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

The Good Guys have at least cinched a tie for the Wild Card. If they win tomorrow there's nothing the Phils can do about it!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Wild Card Champs!!!

Go Brewers
    Remember to breathe

Well Cat, much to my dismay, the 'Stros are in. But, you were WAY wrong about the AL East champs and also the AL representatives in the playoffs, so MEH!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    At least the Cubs have made it past the NLCS before, may have been a while, but at least they've done it, besides, they'll at least prevent the Astros from making it to the playoffs. 'Stros are going

UH, ya wanna talk about being WRONG !!!!

Cubs SUCK!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Well, after dropping the first game out of four to the lowly Pittsburg Pirates, the Astros took the last three of the series and STILL have a two game lead in the Wild Card.

BUT we're on the road for three against the Cubs which play Houston very well AND we have to go to St. Louis for two. Then it's back to Houston for four more with the Cubs.

Fortunately it appears Florida and Washington are pretty much out of it and Philadelphia has six of their nine remaining games on the road against Cincinnati and Washington, and three at home against the Mets.

I don't think they'll win six of their last nine BUT I do think Houston will win five of their last nine so that means the Astros SHOULD win the Wild Card.
    Hmmmm, I hit that one EXACTLY

Oh Philadelphia did indeed win six but oh dear me, that was one short

I was kinda looking forward to a tie breaker with Philadelphia since they haven't beaten the Astros since sometime in 2003
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Congrats to Houstan.. Oswalt outpitched maddux and took them to a great victory over the SCrUBS. Wish your team luck in the playoffs!!

Whitesox and Astros have a 7to1 odds in Vegas to win the WS.. Not bad!!

Now we just gotta whup the shit outta the Braves!!! GO ASTROS!!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

How 'BOUT 'dem

ASTROS !!!

Game 1:
    Astros - 10
    Braves - 5

Andy Pettitte
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    How 'BOUT 'dem

ASTROS !!!

Game 1:
    Astros - 10
    Braves - 5

Andy Pettitte
    Looking good with 40% of the yankees starting staff ,Hope yu go all the way then we can bet on the series
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Ya, go Stros!!!! Saw them kick the shit outta the Braves this afternoon, kept running back into the break room every five minutes then come back shouting "OH YA BABY 5 TO 3 STROS!!! GO ASTROS!!"

Yeah, got to watch the last 3 innings and the cigar shop with Lopaka. Great way to spend an afternoon!

Go Astros!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Yeah, got to watch the last 3 innings and the cigar shop with Lopaka. Great way to spend an afternoon!

Go Astros!!!

You two have been hanging out WAY too much lately... I'm worried about you two....

speaking of kicking the shit out of something...

ATL 7
    HOU 1

Nice way to even up the NLDS... watch out Houston!

GO BRAVES!!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    speaking of kicking the shit out of something...

ATL 7
    HOU 1

Nice way to even up the NLDS... watch out Houston!

GO BRAVES!!!

LOL!! I KNEW I'd hear from you today!!

Three games left, two in Houston with Oswalt going tomorrow, I'd say

Advantage: HOUSTON
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I'm not gonna dispute that... I've spent too many years watching my boys screw it up at the last minute to argue the point. But I'm no fairweather fan... I've been a Georga boy all my life and I'll back my Braves no matter what. So all I can say to Houston is BRING IT ON.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    I'm not gonna dispute that... I've spent too many years watching my boys screw it up at the last minute to argue the point. But I'm no fairweather fan... I've been a Georga boy all my life and I'll back my Braves no matter what. So all I can say to Houston is BRING IT ON.

Well Houston brought it! Oswalt gave another increddible performance with excellent run support! 7-3 in favor of the Good Guys! Astros are 72/100 at home this season, I think your Georgia boys are in trouble!

GO ASTROS!!!

Well I guess we brought it on and showed the Braves, especially that pretty boy Chipper Jones, that in the clutch, champions win and LOSERS go home!!!

GO STROS!!!!!!

Thread Information