Thread: Sha-na-na-na Hey hey hey GOODBYE YANKEES!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sha-na-na-na Hey hey hey GOODBYE YANKEES!!!

Hehe, I guess having $100's of millions in payroll doesn't always buy you a World Series team. One less championship that NY will be able to buy, GOOD, GODDAMN GREAT!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I don't watch a lot of baseball, but, I was glad to see the Yankees booted out! I am tired of them buying their way to world series!

I'm sick of everyone complaining that the Yankees are buying their way to a World Series. Fact #'s 1 and 2: the team with the highest payroll to ever win a world series is the 2004 Boston Red Sox, also the team with the least amount of home-grown (drafted) talent is again the 2004 Boston Red Sox. This being said, why is it bad for an owner to want to win? I don't get this sentiment among sports fans? Are you guys naive? Take any sport at all where a team owner exists, then take your favorite team. Would you rather your owner spend very little of what he could, given a sold out stadium, tons of merchandising profit, etc... or would you rather your owner spend everything he could in order to put together the best team out there for the money so that the fans of said team have something to root for every year?

Maybe you all grew up with winning teams, but I grew up with the Cubs, a team that makes probably the third most profit, next to the Yankees and Red Sox, in all of baseball, yet hasn't put together back-back winning seasons (with the exception of 2003-2004) since 1944, 1945. The Cubs choose not to spend very much, they have a payroll over 100 million yes, but compared to what they could spend, this is a joke. They sell out every game at Wrigley, even when they're 50 games below .500.

So, again, I ask, why do you not like a team or owner whose whole goal is to win, do you not root for your team because you want them to win? If you could do something so that your team had a better chance to win, wouldn't you do it? Aren't owners like Steinbrenner, Moreno (Red Sox Owner right?), and others like them really just the best type of sports fan there is? Don't get me wrong, I hate the Red Sox and their owner (because of some dim-witted remarks), but you have to give these guys credit, they are some of the biggest fans in the game. So much so that they will spend and spend and spend until they win. Gosh, the rest of us should be so lucky with our owners. Yet, we still hear, they buy championships blah blah blah. This is just an ignorant position, one that is born of jealousy that our favorite team's owner doesn't try and do the same.

Trust me, I used to say the same thing, then I had a friend point out the difference and ask me, "If your favorite team's owner always tried to put the best team out on the field, no matter the cost, wouldn't you want to thank him, not chastise him?"
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Well said, Sean... But the fact remains - you don't have to worry about being torn apart between your old home and your new home... The Yankees ain't playing the White Sox...

bbbwwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaha....

Baseball should be a SPORT, not an ENTERPRISE, so it should be played on as level a playing field as possible. Having a huge disparity in payroll makes it boring for MOST of the fans (you know, we folks who live in "fly over" country (between LA and NY). Yawn, watch three of four teams take home half the championships and let all the little chumps take the rest and fight over who can compete with the fat payroll teams.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

The Yankee's suck, hands down....

Thread Information