Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros!!!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    As a life long Red Sox fan I finally get to sit back and laugh at this crap.

Catch us if you can...
    Wild card buddy,see you in the ALCS.This time no f ing 4 in a row.They had it handed to them tonight in oakland ,turned it off at 11-0,i think they invoked the mercy rule
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Wild card buddy,see you in the ALCS.This time no f ing 4 in a row.They had it handed to them tonight in oakland ,turned it off at 11-0,i think they invoked the mercy rule

They lost but it was 7-3, I know nothing about 11-0, and I will be in Quincy market next year for BOTH the Sox's and the Pat's combined victory party.

YEAH BABY

Blog Entries

In order to win they do have to score runs .10 one game is nice but yhey don't have the offense,sorry cc they will be golfing when the playoffs come around,GO YANKS!!!!!!
    You're right superman, that is a BIG problem. I still think they can get to the playoffs BUT their lack of run scoring probably won't get them past Atlanta and certainlly not past the Cardinals.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Where are the Cardinals fans? I wanted to know if any of them caught the final score. I mean GEEZ, they HAD to have won, you know with that great bullpen they have, Isringhausen, Tavarez, King, Reyes. If they kept records on how many times one pitcher can blow saves in a game ALL BY HIMSELF, the Cardinals would have set it tonight. Did Tavarez punch a water cooler again?

I'm a poor soul in Connecticut who cannot watch Astros games.....................
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-03-2005 at 12:01 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

A Yankees fan talking about "golf courses"?

LMFAO, you guys must be looking for a place to hang on October 2nd

Lemme see, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Oakland, Yankees. Who's the leader of the AL Wild Card right now?

Oh I see Houston isn't the Wild Card leader in the NL, okay ya got me but HOW BOUT THOSE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Where are the Cardinals fans? I wanted to know if any of them caught the final score. I mean GEEZ, they HAD to have won, you know with that great bullpen they have, Isringhausen, Tavarez, King, Reyes. If they kept records on how many times one pitcher can blow saves in a game ALL BY HIMSELF, the Cardinals would have set it tonight. Did Tavarez punch a water cooler again?

I'm a poor soul in Connecticut who cannot watch Astros games.....................

Hell I'll tape 'em for you and overnight them to ya.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Where are those Cardinals fans? I STILL haven'tbeen able to find the score from last nights game and was SURE that some Cardinals fan would tell me how badly Houston lost on Friday night.........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Default Cardinal fan

It was 6-5 Houston, CC. Isringhausen gave up two HRs, and had given up only two all year.

Won't happen tonight. Carpenter will beat Rocket for the SECOND time this year head-to-head.

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

Blog Entries

LMAO!!! The Astros have beaten Philadelphia what, TEN times in a row now? My former favorite Astro, Billy Wagner was tonight's losing pitcher.

Back in the Wild Card lead as of September 5th

The three NL East teams have a BIG problem in that they all have to pretty much play each other while the Astros have games left with Pittsburgh (4), Milwaukee (6) and Chicago (6). Okay we have three with Florida but those games are in Houston and the Astros are tough at home and two at St. Louis which will be tough.

I'll take the Astros' September schedule over Florida's, Philadelphia's, Washington's and New York's ANYDAY
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-06-2005 at 08:52 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

A Yankees fan talking about "golf courses"?

LMFAO, you guys must be looking for a place to hang on October 2nd

Lemme see, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Oakland, Yankees. Who's the leader of the AL Wild Card right now?

Oh I see Houston isn't the Wild Card leader in the NL, okay ya got me but HOW BOUT THOSE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Well my fine feline friend the yanks ARE leading the wild card,but we don't want to settle for a measely wild card.We shall see here shortly,got the sox for four games i believe.Oh yeah please score a run for the rocket
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!

The Astros were winning 5-3 but gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the eigth to put the Phillies up 6-5.

Top of the ninth with Billy Wagner on the mound (oneof the BEST relievers in baseball) he gets two quick outs and Vizcaino hits a grounder to third, NO WAIT booted by Bell, safe at first!! Then Willy Taveras JUST beats the throw to first on an infield single!!. Next up Craig Biggio, two outs runners on first and second.

BANG!!

Good bye, three run homer, Astros win 8-6.

The Astros SWEPT the season series from the Phillies 6-0 this year and did the same thing to them last year.

And to think, I ALMOST drove down to Philadelphia for the game tonight........
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-07-2005 at 09:29 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Well my fine feline friend the yanks ARE leading the wild card,but we don't want to settle for a measely wild card.We shall see here shortly,got the sox for four games i believe.Oh yeah please score a run for the rocket
    Ya got 'em for three BUT your last three games of the season are in Fenway Park and your four before that are AT Baltimore. The schedule favors the Red Sox

Sorry but the best you can hope for is the Wild Card and Cleveland just may have something to say about that
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!

The Astros were winning 5-3 but gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the eigth to put the Phillies up 6-5.

Top of the ninth with Billy Wagner on the mound (oneof the BEST relievers in baseball) he gets two quick outs and Vizcaino hits a grounder to third, NO WAIT booted by Bell, safe at first!! Then Willy Taveras JUST beats the throw to first on an infield single!!. Next up Craig Biggio, two outs runners on first and second.

BANG!!

Good bye, three run homer, Astros win 8-6.

The Astros SWEPT the season series from the Phillies 6-0 this year and did the same thing to them last year.

And to think, I ALMOST drove down to Philadelphia for the game tonight........

Man, I'm telling you, that almost gave me wood.

Ensburg has been our power hitter all season, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Biggio is the man if you need an RBI!" And he really came through last night!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Ya got 'em for three BUT your last three games of the season are in Fenway Park and your four before that are AT Baltimore. The schedule favors the Red Sox

Sorry but the best you can hope for is the Wild Card and Cleveland just may have something to say about that

Wise words... Wise words...

Blog Entries

ASTROS WIN!!!

Still in the Wild Card lead, just like the Cleveland Indians
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Wise words... Wise words...
    1-0,nuff said
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Well, I gotta report the BAD news when necessary. The freakin' Astros just dropped the first two of a four game series against Florida at home and are now 1 1/2 games behind them in the Wild Card We had two kinda lousy pitchers start these games (Backe who is not fully recovered from his injury and Wandy Rodriguez who's got potential but he's not anywhere near as reliable as Clemens, Oswalt or Pettitte).

Oswalt and Clemens are scheduled to pitch games 3 & 4 of the series so we've got to win the BOTH of them or things are going to be very stressful from here on out......

Our star rookie center fielder Willy Taveras had a ball hit off of his finger and he had to get five stitches on it so he's out for a few days and Morgan Ensberg has been out for seven games so far and who knows when he'll return. Things aren't looking so good.......
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-14-2005 at 02:41 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

BACK IN THE WILD CARD LEAD !!!

Split the series with Florida so it was a wash.

AND even with the injury laden roster, the Astros managed to score a whole lotta runs in the last two games with Florida. A very pleasant surprise.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

JEFF BAGWELL IS BACK!!!

Pinch hit single in the bottom of the 9th wins it for the Astros!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!! Still in the Wild Card lead!!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Well, after dropping the first game out of four to the lowly Pittsburg Pirates, the Astros took the last three of the series and STILL have a two game lead in the Wild Card.

BUT we're on the road for three against the Cubs which play Houston very well AND we have to go to St. Louis for two. Then it's back to Houston for four more with the Cubs.

Fortunately it appears Florida and Washington are pretty much out of it and Philadelphia has six of their nine remaining games on the road against Cincinnati and Washington, and three at home against the Mets.

I don't think they'll win six of their last nine BUT I do think Houston will win five of their last nine so that means the Astros SHOULD win the Wild Card.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information