Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros!!!

At least the Cubs have made it past the NLCS before, may have been a while, but at least they've done it, besides, they'll at least prevent the Astros from making it to the playoffs. 'Stros are going
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    At least the Cubs have made it past the NLCS before, may have been a while, but at least they've done it, besides, they'll at least prevent the Astros from making it to the playoffs. 'Stros are going
    I'll say one thing for you Cubby fans, you're die hard! Cubs have lost a series to CINCINNATI, not to mention they've been Philadelphia's whipping post! But as the immoral..I mean immortal Jesse Jackson would say, "keep hope alive!"

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Okay Sean, how many ceegars ya wanna put up.

I say the Astros will finish ahead of the Cubs this year. You name the # & level of cigars.

Houston is starting a THIRTEEN GAME HOME STAND on Tuesday including three with your Cubbies next week. Do you know who has the best HOME record in the majors this year? Houston also has nine MORE home games left than the Cardinals. My guess is that Houston will be five out by the end of the month and breathing down the Cardinals back come the end of September while you guys will be fighting with Milwaukee for DISTANT third (so far Milwaukee is winning this battle ). Houston's last three games of the season are HOME against.........hmmmmmmm lemme see............THE CUBS

Brandon Backe comes off the DL on August 9th so WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long is the current Cubs losing streak? Did you guys just get SWEPT by the freakin' METS? Last I knew, they were in LAST place in the NL East.

OH and I see you have four games with the Cardinals at the end of this week after you get done losing to Cincinnati. Please do us a favor and try and win a few of those, huh?

I would say that if any team is going to knock someone out of the Wild Card, it will be Philadelphia. Houston is in the driver's seat to make the post season so long as they don't collapse and ever since May 24th (my birthday) they've had the best record in the majors including the White Sox and the Cardinals.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-08-2005 at 04:05 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Cubs losing streak now at EIGHT
    Houston won AGAIN tonight and the useless Brewers lost AGAIN to St Louis.

The Marlins are making me nervous
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

And they won AGAIN tonight!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

And AGAIN on August 12th.

THANKFULLY the Cubbies just beat the Cardinals for the second day in a row

Florida lost but Washington and Philadelphia won.

I'm STILL most concerned about Philadelphia in this Wild Card Race.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

CC, I never said the cubs were good, I'm just gonna root for them! And like I've written before, at least they've one more than one playoff series in there clubs history

BTW, how's your cat doing, the shop treating her nice and fixing her up quickly, George told me yesterday, sucks to hear Seems like there's an accident fever going around cigarsmokers, and it's the cigar smokers getting hit, not doing the hitting
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

CC, I never said the cubs were good, I'm just gonna root for them! And like I've written before, at least they've one more than one playoff series in there clubs history

BTW, how's your cat doing, the shop treating her nice and fixing her up quickly, George told me yesterday, sucks to hear Seems like there's an accident fever going around cigarsmokers, and it's the cigar smokers getting hit, not doing the hitting
    LOL!! I've been a SERIOUS Cubs fan for the last couple of days!!! KICK SOME CARDINAL BUTT, Yeah BABY!!!!!!

And you are correct, they have won some play off series and a World Series which is more than I can say for the Astros. I kinda like the Cubs but sorry, I gotta root against them when it comes to the Astros!!!

They're supposed to start working on the car tomorrow. I think they'll be able to fix it. What pisses me off is that I lost out on attending some car shows in the meantime. I just got back from one today and everyone was wondering why I didn't enter. NOW, I'll have to go to a show in Richmond to get my third one in for the season. A good excuse to finally meet Leebo, the site owner of CigarSnobs That's the third week in September so I hope the car will be ready by then, it should be but we'll see......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

9. Default Astros Sign New Player

The Astros just singed rookie Michael Gruman to a five year contract estimated at five dollars or a box of grape White Owls which ever is less.

The Astros owner states Gruman, also known as PB, should fill a large hole in the infield.

More sports news at Six O Clock.

Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Holy shit did you see Houston WHOMP Cheecago last night???/

GO ASTROS!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

What's that Greg Maddux? Astros smell like a cow pie?

I agree, they sure do!

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Im a die hard stros fan and well this last game we lost was due to yet again people not being able to HIT consistently..........We have a solid pitching line up but thats useless if you cant put runs on the board!

hopefully tomorrow oswalt will get us another win, and the bats will be aswinging!

Blog Entries

Not to be a whiner but there were two different strike zones last night, a very LARGE one for Mr. Maddux and a very small one for Andy Pettitte.

That still doesn't excuse the fact that the Astros need to score more runs......

Pettitte also made some BAD pitches at the worst times which is out of the ordinary for him.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Hmmmm, what was that song by Simon & Garfunkel, that's right, "The Sound of Silence", somebody start the trumpet up, it's time for "Taps"!

Let us gather here today to say goodbye to the Houston Astros for 2005.

They made a nice mini-run, but now have dropped to second in the wild card race, allowing about five teams to get within two or so games.

Hey, 2006 is just around the corner!

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

Blog Entries

LMAO!! Houston has the inside track in the Wild Card race, all the NL East teams have to play EACH other from here on out and beat each other up and all we have to do is play the LOSER teams in the NL Central. The Astros should win the Wild Card.

You Cardinals fans catch the final score in the 13 inning game tonight? If you did please post it, I'm going to bed and it's the top of the 13th and the Cardinals just went up by one.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

:Hmmmm, what was that song by Simon & Garfunkel, that's right, "The Sound of Silence", somebody start the trumpet up, it's time for "Taps"!
    How are those Cubs doing?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO!! Houston has the inside track in the Wild Card race, all the NL East teams have to play EACH other from here on out and beat each other up and all we have to do is play the LOSER teams in the NL Central. The Astros should win the Wild Card.

You Cardinals fans catch the final score in the 13 inning game tonight? If you did please post it, I'm going to bed and it's the top of the 13th and the Cardinals just went up by one.
    In order to win they do have to score runs .10 one game is nice but yhey don't have the offense,sorry cc they will be golfing when the playoffs come around,GO YANKS!!!!!!
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

As a life long Red Sox fan I finally get to sit back and laugh at this crap.

Catch us if you can...

Thread Information