Thread: Xikar Hygrometer/Thermometer Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Xikar Hygrometer/Thermometer Issue

So I've got a really weird issue with my hygrometer and I was curious if anyone has had this happen to them before. Before I get into this, I am NOT asking what I should do with this. I know Xikar's reputation and warranty so I plan on mailing it in. I know that I will be mailing it in to them and getting a replacement.

Anyway, the hygrometer portion of it is working fine. I tested out the calibration on it and it was perfect. The thermometer is reading some really crazy readings. Right now it says that it is 70% RH and 178 degrees F. This morning it was reading 196 degrees F. Now I know that I'm cheap and am still not running my AC in the house but it is only 75 degrees F in my house. Anyone deal with this before? Regardless it is still going back to Xikar later this week.

Quit flying so close to the sun, Icarus...

take it apart and see if you can fix it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I knew that had something to do with it! Next time I need to bring my travel humi!

And Dauker... no

Hit it with a hammer !
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

6. Default

Salt test it in a jar of cat urine
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Salt test it in a jar of cat urine
    Didn't think of that

I wonder if that would void the warrenty from Xikar... if only someone had a post that discussed the Xikar warranty. hmmmm

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You guys are so lucky to have george as a member. I'll bet there ain't ten cops in the world who know about Icarus.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    You guys are so lucky to have george as a member. I'll bet there ain't ten cops in the world who know about Icarus.

Doc.
    There ain't but a coupla members on this board that know about Icarus... And one of 'em just HAD to be you!!!

ilikefishes Guest

Default Re: Xikar Hygrometer/Thermometer Issue

Yes, that is a very valid point. Plus they do look so cool that they tend to gravitate toward that line. I can't say that many of the problems were ever questioned by them. They are not the type to send something back, just go try something else. My knife was basically a great idea that can't work because the angle of the edge is so precise to cut a cigar. I will be asking them about it though. If they still have the devices, they will call Xikar.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Information