Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPad

ilikefishes Guest

Default Re: iPad

Whaaaaa, you hurt my feelers. Not really though. Thanks for your opinion, like it matters to me What you think of me. Have a great rest of your day. Peace!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    You can multi-task -- you can have music playing while you surf the net, read a book or use most apps (at least the ones I currently have). In fact, I'm doing it now.

Reading books is pretty sweet -- you can add bookmarks, but I don't see how to add notes -- but there also different apps for book reading -- iPad has one, there's a kindle app as well -- may depend on what you use. I'd strongly recommend putting your hands on one and checking it out -- it isn't the ideal computing machine, but it does a nice job on the stuff is does.
    So the iPad is back in consideration, though I will still wait till the Android based tablets are out. The iPad seems to have the basics of what I want, though notes would be quite nice while reading, especially since I plan to use this mostly for reading technical books and such. It will be interesting to see what the Android tablets offer and their price point.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    So the iPad is back in consideration, though I will still wait till the Android based tablets are out. The iPad seems to have the basics of what I want, though notes would be quite nice while reading, especially since I plan to use this mostly for reading technical books and such. It will be interesting to see what the Android tablets offer and their price point.
    You can type in notes while reading in the kindle app. Still not as convenient as scribbling in margins, but not bad.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

You can multi-task -- you can have music playing while you surf the net, read a book or use most apps (at least the ones I currently have). In fact, I'm doing it now.

Reading books is pretty sweet -- you can add bookmarks, but I don't see how to add notes -- but there also different apps for book reading -- iPad has one, there's a kindle app as well -- may depend on what you use. I'd strongly recommend putting your hands on one and checking it out -- it isn't the ideal computing machine, but it does a nice job on the stuff is does.
    How is the iPad for reading while sitting outside with the sun shining on the screen?

My wife's a bit of a technofile and bought a Kindle some time back. Since we're both major readaholics, I waited a couple months, discussed her purchase with her and subsequently bought a Kindle myself.

The Kindle is a lot like a "real" book in the 'reading in the sunlight' sense (I do a lot of that in the spring and summer - weather permitting of course - and am usually smoking a cigar and sipping a coffee while I read) since sunlight doesn't detract at all or make it harder to see the no-glare screen.

If I'm not mistaken, an iPad has an LCD screen which anybody who's ever tried to read their cell phone outside knows doesn't work worth mentioning.

Has iPad done something to make it readable outside or is it a typical LCD and the only place you can really read is indoors away from windows?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    How is the iPad for reading while sitting outside with the sun shining on the screen?
    There is glare with direct light on the iPad -- the Kindle's "electronic paper" look blows it away in that respect.

Blog Entries

There is glare with direct light on the iPad -- the Kindle's "electronic paper" look blows it away in that respect.
    That's interesting EGQ, but, I'm still confused on the multi-tasking thing, can you clear that one up for me?

I'm kidding with Ed here fishboy, so don't make some stupid ass post explaining it to me. I'd just have to tell you to fuck off and then you'd make some other stupid statement and then we'd have a pile-on and, well, you know.

*ducking* lmao

ilikefishes Guest

So we are all clear then. Good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    So we are all clear then. Good.

Almost since your first post.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    That's interesting EGQ, but, I'm still confused on the multi-tasking thing, can you clear that one up for me?

I'm kidding with Ed here fishboy, so don't make some stupid ass post explaining it to me. I'd just have to tell you to fuck off and then you'd make some other stupid statement and then we'd have a pile-on and, well, you know.

*ducking* lmao
    If you can multi-task -- and by "multi-task" I mean either hold an umbrella or sit under an umbrella while outside with an iPad -- you'll be golden.

ilikefishes Guest

Almost since your first post.
    Ditto to you Ass-holer. I don't have any issues, just trying to get to that 100 post mark so you all will let me in "THE CIRCLE"!

Blog Entries

Ditto to you Ass-holer. I don't have any issues, just trying to get to that 100 post mark so you all will let me in "THE CIRCLE"!

LMFAO, you're too easy.

Unfortunately (for you), we typically have a two-prong test for admission to "the circle" -- the first being some threshold that demonstrates you have been involved in the board (post count, time since joining, etc.), with the second being a stringent non-ass-hat/douche-nozzle/dil-rod policy. This is just speculation on my part, but I doubt you're going to pass the second prong any time soon...

Blog Entries

Wait a minute, we have an opening for pivot man....right up your alley fishyboy.

ilikefishes Guest

Unfortunately (for you), we typically have a two-prong test for admission to "the circle" -- the first being some threshold that demonstrates you have been involved in the board (post count, time since joining, etc.), with the second being a stringent non-ass-hat/douche-nozzle/dil-rod policy. This is just speculation on my part, but I doubt you're going to pass the second prong any time soon...
    Well, if that is the case how did you, "The summers eve of all of them" get in to this prestigous club? I guess it is true what I was told by a very successful businessman years ago, "It is not who you know or who you blow, it is how you blow who you know." You done good for yourself.

ilikefishes Guest

Wait a minute, we have an opening for pivot man....right up your alley fishyboy.
    This doesn't have anything to do with cleaning you up after you pull out of EGQ? If so, I am not the one for the job. Thanks for asking though.

This doesn't have anything to do with cleaning you up after you pull out of EGQ? If so, I am not the one for the job. Thanks for asking though.
    Someone sure does have man-sex on the brain...

Act like an ass-hat all you want, it will get you nowhere. This is a great online community -- most of us have demonstrated a modicum of intellect and civility -- and because of that we respect each others opinions. You, on the other hand, spout off without reading posts (or more likely, comprehending them), you talk out of your ass constantly and you seem pretty focused on becoming out newest troll -- good for you.

You should also take the time to read our rules and regulations.

ilikefishes Guest

Someone sure does have man-sex on the brain...

Act like an ass-hat all you want, it will get you nowhere. This is a great online community -- most of us have demonstrated a modicum of intellect and civility -- and because of that we respect each others opinions. You, on the other hand, spout off without reading posts (or more likely, comprehending them), you talk out of your ass constantly and you seem pretty focused on becoming out newest troll -- good for you.

You should also take the time to read our rules and regulations.
    Yeah, like I haven't set here and watched guys like you skewer any newbie that does not fit in your little group. If you don't like someone around why don't you just ignore their posts and move along. Oh, because you like to have confrontation and you really love the fact that you won't ever have to answer for said actions. I was told to own what I post by one of your own. So I stand behind everything that I have said and have no issues who likes me or doesn't. What about my posts would give you any inkling of my intellect or comprehension of the facts? Notice that I said facts. Sorry I don't use the cute little smiley things to make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Again, not here to make any lifelong friends that are not willing to put in some effort as well.

Yeah, like I haven't set here and watched guys like you skewer any newbie that does not fit in your little group. If you don't like someone around why don't you just ignore their posts and move along. Oh, because you like to have confrontation and you really love the fact that you won't ever have to answer for said actions. I was told to own what I post by one of your own. So I stand behind everything that I have said and have no issues who likes me or doesn't. What about my posts would give you any inkling of my intellect or comprehension of the facts? Notice that I said facts. Sorry I don't use the cute little smiley things to make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Again, not here to make any lifelong friends that are not willing to put in some effort as well.
    Look, asshole, when you got here I directed you where to go for a newb sampler, I didn't skewer you -- I actually tried to make you feel welcome and to get you involved in the board. You want to take a tone with me -- go ahead -- I take responsibility for everything I do and I'm a stand up guy (something other members of this community would attest to). I don't confront newbs for pleasure, and I certainly don't try to be anonymous.

You don't like the fact that I said some of your "Cuban" cigars looked suspect? Get over it -- you have some bogus sticks in your collection.

You don't like the fact that I didn't appreciate the tone of your post when you pointed out that your definition of multi-tasking is different than mine (or, more accurately, Mizicke's as it relates to the iPad’s functionality)? Get over it -- you act like an ass-hat, I’m going to call you an ass-hat.

Again, I suggest you read the rules and regulations. This is a community -- some of your posts crossed the line with respect to what the community finds acceptable.

19. Default

There is no award or recognition for having 100 posts . There is no "circle" but there is a barrel. Most people don't survive the barrel. If you want to keep being a spastic fuck you will end up in the barrel. If you don't like the community then I might suggest puff.com as an alternative to here. Fake cubans for all and general asshattery is the norm
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Well, if that is the case how did you, "The summers eve of all of them" get in to this prestigous club? I guess it is true what I was told by a very successful businessman years ago, "It is not who you know or who you blow, it is how you blow who you know." You done good for yourself.
    So does this mean you are offering blow jobs?

WTF is up with "The Circle"? I never got the memo on that? Where can i get a pass to be in "The Circle" I think Ashauler is the leader of the circle I presume? Can you let me in? please?

Freakin baby...have your testicles dropped yet?

Thread Information