Thread: Humidor Questions

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Humidor Questions

Just curious about some things. I want to start a little collection, but I don't have a humidor. Just wondering if you guys had any preferences? I would like to get a nice one, because I plan on doing this for a while, but I don't want to drop a lot of cash. I found a glass jar humidor that would work for right now. http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/cigarhumidors.cfm Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions.
    -Mike

i have been researching this same thing for awhile. When i finish building the backyard my wife is going to let me build a coolidor. i think this will be the cheapest way.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis4082
    i have been researching this same thing for awhile. When i finish building the backyard my wife is going to let me build a coolidor. i think this will be the cheapest way.
    What exactly is a coolidor?

search the forums for coolidor. has a lot of good info. you can store a lot of cigars this way.

Coolidor is definately a good inexpensive way to go. In the meantime if you need something to store cigars, tupperware and a moist sponge works well.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

MR. Reagan,
    The only thing I will suggest is, Get something bigger than you think you will need.
    If you think you are going to need a 25 count, get a fifty, and so on up the line.
    Remember also that cigars "Usually" come in boxes/bundles of 20 or 25 so, if you buy two boxes ant one time your 25 count will be incapable of handling your purchase.
    I'd say 50-75 count will be sufficient.
    Hope this helps and welcome to the board.
    The only thing missing from my life is money and more Cigars.

Yeah I agree with going bigger than you think you'll need...

I got a 100 ct. humi and it's almost full, prolly gonna get a 300-500 or just go with the coolidor option.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    What exactly is a coolidor?
    It's basically just a cooler (Igloo, Coleman, etc.) in whatever size you need (most of us use 100, 120 or 150 quart coolers but you can use a smaller one if you'd like) with some kind of humidification device (most people use "beads" which are so reliable, I think anyone would be crazy to use anything else) and a VERY INEXPENSIVE hygrometer (because with beads, you don't need a fancy expensive hygrometer). Some people go to the extent of lining their coolers with Spainsh Cedar which IMO is a waste of time and money. If you store your cigars in wooden cigar boxes inside the "coolerdor" they do a better job retaining moisture and giving you the pleasant "aroma" than spending all that money on Spanish Cedar

Most guys lately have been getting their beads from Heartfelt Industries
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-08-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Default humidors

If you google cheap humidors or discount humidors there are a number of sites that you can get good comparative info at. I suggest you carefully read a sites return policy before you order just in case their "quality" isn't what they say it is.

Thread Information