Thread: Elrey Del Mundo Olividados Torpedo

Default Elrey Del Mundo Olividados Torpedo

I got a sampler box as a gift from my brother.

Origin:Honduran
    Length:6.12"
    Ring:54
    Strength:Medium-Full
    Wrapper Color:Medium Brown and glossy
    Wrapper Type:Ecuador Sumatran
    Binder:Connecticut Broadleaf
    Filler:Nicaraguan ligero/Honduran viso/Dominican seco

This is a nice cigar, but not as strong as one might expect from the description. My brother got it from a good cigar shop, so it was well cared for and ready to smoke. It had a nice pre-light aroma. Woody, with a little sweet spice and pepper. The pre-light draw was a bit leathery, dry, and bitter, but then again I get this impression from the pre-light draw of most cigars. I'm guessing my palate simply isn't trained to pick up these nuances from a pre-light draw yet.

It cut and lit well. The burn was flawless. The draw was good and there was plenty of smoke. It held ash past two inches until I tapped it off.

The flavor was good, full and complex, but not what I would call strong. Woody, with hints of leather and sweet spice. You can definitely taste the Dominican in the filler. It imparts a subtle "sweetness" to the flavor profile. It had some peppery notes that built up as the cigar burned down that tingled the tongue.

It was a good cigar, well constructed and tasty, but not exceptional for the price. For five or more dollars a stick you can find a lot of good cigars. They do come in a very attractive box though.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review. I would have expected more strength from ErdM.

It could just be my impression. After I had a Camacho Coyolar in the past, I think it destroyed my perception of "strong cigar" forever.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

I don't know, you may be on to something. I smoked a bunch of the Robusto Largas a while back. I enjoyed the medium-bodiedness of the cigar. Someone sent me the Robusto Suprema, and I swear it was lighter than the Robusto Largas. Maybe it was just me. But I did think that was weird.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information