Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEGA Review: JdN Antano Dark Corojo Azarosa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I can't have boxes of everything....right?

Will
    Blasphemy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I wonder if other items should be asked or graded in order to get a more accurate review. It is odd to me when a review comes in that gives the cigar tastes A's and even A+'s, but then under "buy a box", it is given a "Maybe". There must be other factors that we are not fully exploiting (is that the right word?). Perhaps if we gave grades for appearance, construction, burn, draw, ash, smoke, etc. the "buy a box" column would make more sense.

Off topic... whoever had the bright idea to have 17 participants review 5 cigars is insane...

-Buzz
    Well, for me it usually takes more than once to decide I need a box in my coolers. Then there are several cigars that I absolutely love, take Cabaiguans for example, but I still don't have a box of these yet; even though I like them so much. I just haven't got around to picking a box up, though I know I want to eventually. Then there are times where I'll smoke one and run out and buy a box.

Just some thoughts to add.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

I wonder if other items should be asked or graded in order to get a more accurate review. It is odd to me when a review comes in that gives the cigar tastes A's and even A+'s, but then under "buy a box", it is given a "Maybe". There must be other factors that we are not fully exploiting (is that the right word?). Perhaps if we gave grades for appearance, construction, burn, draw, ash, smoke, etc. the "buy a box" column would make more sense.

Off topic... whoever had the bright idea to have 17 participants review 5 cigars is insane...

-Buzz
    I don't know that much about the review process or what would be most important in assigning a "grade" to a cigar. For me, it comes down to: 1) Did I like it?; and, 2) Will I buy it again? Certainly, for the more knowledgeable among the reviewers, it is far more complex.

You could expand the number of variables based on input from the more experienced smokers and weight them so that subjective components have less impact on the final rating or grade. As far as the buy or sell rating, that's less important in my view. Just my .02.

This could be a great learning tool for guys just starting out in the hobby... and me.

-Buzz
    I see what you are saying, for me.. just because it was good, does not mean I would want a whole box of them. Another thing is, I may like a cigar but not at the price they are asking. Sometimes I will pick up a stick for 9 bucks and think "if this was 4 bucks, I would not think twice about buying a box". I guess its too subjective.

Same thing goes for recommendation. Just because I like a cigar does not mean I would recommend it (or the other way around). In the case of this cigar, I was not a huge fan of it.. however, if one of my friends said "I love big cigars that are packed with nicotine" then sure I would recommend it.

Also, just want to mention.. its gotta be a huge PITA to deal with these mega reviews on your end. I really appreciate all of the work you put into them!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
    Also, just want to mention.. its gotta be a huge PITA to deal with these mega reviews on your end. I really appreciate all of the work you put into them!
    Meh, it is not too bad once I made the template - the hardest part is trying to decipher what the heck Mangyrat types in his reviews... example:

Rat says: Their where slitely pungant uhromeuhs witch smelt sumwut liek milldooey gofer trowzers.
    Assumed translation: There were slightly pungent aromas which smelled somewhat like mildewy gofer trousers.
    See, now here I wasn't sure if he actually meant gofer, or if it was supposed to be golf, goofy, or maybe "go for"... so I stuck with gofer. These decisions are what takes the most time...

- of course I may be exaggerating a little...

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Now that was funny Buzz
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Thread Information