Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

just introducing myself, this forum seesm like a cool place to hang out and talk smokes and drinks and all sorts of fun stuff. looking forward to getting to know everyone.

My name is Mike and i'm from Philly (work in philly, live in wilmington). I am a Network Administrator and a novice cigar smoker, just starting sampling a year ago. still searching for that perfect smoke. I'm a beer snob as well, so if anyone wants to talk beer i am game.

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay man.

Blog Entries

Howdy.

Blog Entries

How's it going? I played with IT for years before switching gears.

Lots of good info on here. Look around. Welcome.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Welcome from Lancaster, PA.

6. Default

Welcome...I'm a beer snob too.

thanks for the welcome folks.

"cigarsarge

Welcome...I'm a beer snob too. "

awesome, what are you drinking this summer? i just discovered (call me late to the show) Dog Fish Head -Namaste... hooo that is some good shit sir.

"mrtr33

How's it going? I played with IT for years before switching gears."

What are you up to now? i don't hear of many folks jumping the IT ship, unless you are on the east coast... lots of folks are out of work over here now... damn shame.

Welcome from SC.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by p0p View Post
    What are you up to now? i don't hear of many folks jumping the IT ship, unless you are on the east coast... lots of folks are out of work over here now... damn shame.
    Web/software development. Much less stable. I traded routers, servers and re-imaging for SDKs, databases and IIS.

I'm a beer snob too. A few of my favorite breweries: Stone, Magic Hat, Mad River, New Belgium, Silver Moon and Milwaukee's Best.
    I like the Dog Fish Head too - just not as much as the above.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

SC has some awesome iced tea... probably not a bad partner to a good smoke...

yea IT is all types of unstable... i hope to find some kind of rock to get comfy on or find something i can do where i dont have to worry about my job getting sniped by someone across the pond...

dog fish doesn't have much i love, so far i am a big fan of their Namaste, Sah'tea, and Theobroma. if you can find these check them out.

it's hard for me to list my favorite breweries... maybe, Allagash, and victory... the reason the list is so short is there are the two breweries i can think of that no mater what they put out i will like it (most of the time).

i am a big belgian guy, if you can find it check out Brouwerij Moortgat Nv - St. Sebastian. Its an old style Belgian abbey. unfiltered, flowery on the nose and just full of flavor (the blonde) the dark isnt bad either. that is my favorite beer... it runs $10 to a bottle and you get a pub glass and a half out of it, so its for occasions only.

Quote Originally Posted by p0p View Post
    SC has some awesome iced tea... probably not a bad partner to a good smoke...

Iced tea is one of my favorite drinks of choice when smoking now that i cant drink beer any more due to gout.

pOp give the newbie sampler thread a read that may be something you would enjoy.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...mpler-Thread-V
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Welcome from western Oregon from another fellow beer snob. The only reason I look forward to winter are the seasonals.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Welcome from NW PA.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Iced tea is one of my favorite drinks of choice when smoking now that i cant drink beer any more due to gout.

pOp give the newbie sampler thread a read that may be something you would enjoy.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...mpler-Thread-V
    Shit, i am sorry to hear that... if i lost beer i'd probably have to quit life...

i will check that out, thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Welcome from western Oregon from another fellow beer snob. The only reason I look forward to winter are the seasonals.
    love me some winter beers sir. i was awestruck when i learned that Michelob actually has a great winter ale (winter bourbon cask ale). i was a little upset by this because i don't like the big guys encroaching on the craft brew's small share of the market... and that seems to be their angle lately... but its a damn god beer regardless.

"5. I haven't been around here long, but I have been smoking for _____ and I don't think I really should be qualified as a newbie.

A: You are. Get over it."

god damn that is funny.

Welcome from AZ.

Welcome from Florida. I know that the newb sampler was already mentioned once but just my feeling is that it is well worth it!

Default Re: Howdy

Welcome from the Big Blue!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Thread Information