Thread: Thompson Cigar Co.

Default Thompson Cigar Co.

Has anyone bought from Thompson Cigars ? How are thay to do business with ? I ordered box of smokes last Thursday. I just checked the status and was told it has not even been processed yet. When I order from CI or Famous Smoke Shop I get a email that day or the next day that my order has been processed and ready to ship.
    Last edited by Rusty; 06-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes I've bought from them. I don't any longer, nor would I recommend them.

3. Default

Of all the cigar retailers in the world, Thompson's has the worst reputation of all. Is that an exaggeration? Maybe, but not that much of one. You'll probably wish you asked that question before you placed your order. You are know on their mailing list for perpetuity. I hope you didn't give them your phone number. Oh well.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

This will be my last order from them.

5. Default

I just ordered a sampler from them. They called me about 8 times asking to sign up for this and that. The cigars came on time and in good condition but they are annoying. Also there are two tan dots on my Cohiba and when I called they said it was plume...I researched and I think its actually just drops of water on the wrapper from when they were rolling it? definitely not plume though so that kind of pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Of all the cigar retailers in the world, Thompson's has the worst reputation of all. Is that an exaggeration? Maybe, but not that much of one. You'll probably wish you asked that question before you placed your order. You are know on their mailing list for perpetuity. I hope you didn't give them your phone number. Oh well.

Doc.
    Nope. I only hold TBS to a slightly lower rung.

I see what you mean about the ph.# thange. About half of an hour after my last post I get a call from them. I can get two free lighters and they will just send me a box of cigars each month. "what a deal"

8. Default

Wow, this thread is really informative. I was just considering ordering from them but I *hate* follow up/add on sales. I'll just stick with JR because they're the only ones I know and they've never let me down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D_M_S View Post
    Wow, this thread is really informative. I was just considering ordering from them but I *hate* follow up/add on sales. I'll just stick with JR because they're the only ones I know and they've never let me down
    JR's solid. I've ordered from them many times. There's a lot of excellent retailers in PA (for now.)

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    JR's solid. I've ordered from them many times. There's a lot of excellent retailers in PA (for now.)

Will
    Yeah, we'll see how many are left if the proposed tax is approved by the legislature.

11. Default

Just got another call from Thompson Cigar. :( it's literally been close to 10

Quote Originally Posted by sk weezy f baby View Post
    Just got another call from Thompson Cigar. :( it's literally been close to 10
    Sounds like its time to lay down the law and inform them to stop calling you.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

13. Default

sadly, it's become a game seeing how many times they would actually call me if i don't yell at them.

It has been 5 working days (not counting Monday) and still no cigares infact I checked and the order has not even been processed yet. This company sucks !

Blog Entries

Cancel your order

Blog Entries

Sigh...I live in Florida too, and I get orders from Pennsylvania faster than I did when I ordered from Thompson.
    "Those are like the holy grail of cigars. Indiana Jones and the search for Argenicadomipanurans"
    -Denver24

"Your telling me I need to segregate my grape flavored blunts from the sour apple ones?"
    -Mangyrat

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

I agree with everything. My experience with Thompson as been less than satisfactory. I ordered from them about 3 years ago (for a humi) and then recently gave them another chance. It took about 7-8 days for the order to arrive and when it did every stick was near bone dry. And the calls are awful. If you request to be taken off their list they will do that though.

Stick to JR....hell stick to anything else.

EDIT: Wrong thread. Um, I haven't dealt with Thompson so I have nothing to add.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Thread Information