Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humidification

1. Default Humidification

I bought an end table humidor that came with these lava type bricks for humidification.
    Does anyone have experience with these bricks or is there a better way to humidify this kind of large humidor? Thanks

Blog Entries

Use humidity beads.

Also, use search.

Welcome from Bitterville.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

ilikefishes Guest

Default Re: Humidification

Quote Originally Posted by Bustoff View Post
    I bought an end table humidor that came with these lava type bricks for humidification.
    Does anyone have experience with these bricks or is there a better way to humidify this kind of large humidor? Thanks
    Those bricks work great and much better than any beads out there. Just make sure to soak them with distilled water only. If you use tap water it will leave the mineral deposits and clog up the bricks. I have used the same bricks for about 10 years now. Never had to replace them yet. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    Those bricks work great and much better than any beads out there. Just make sure to soak them with distilled water only. If you use tap water it will leave the mineral deposits and clog up the bricks. I have used the same bricks for about 10 years now. Never had to replace them yet. Good luck.

That's just plain bull$hit. No one I know uses "bricks" they all use beads. Beads are the way to go.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    That's just plain bull$hit. No one I know uses "bricks" they all use beads. Beads are the way to go.
    Cat, Pay no mind to fishboy. He just likes to stir up shit.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

ilikefishes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Cool. Hey Bustoff if you are not using those bricks send them my way. I for one don't use beads. But, I guess I am the last onecusing them. I wonder how they stay in business with No demand for their product though?

Blog Entries

He may have had his "bricks" for ten years but my beads came over on the Mayflower with my relatives. They're at least 400 years old and still going strong.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Cool. Hey Bustoff if you are not using those bricks send them my way. I for one don't use beads. But, I guess I am the last onecusing them. I wonder how they stay in business with No demand for their product though?

There once was a demand for pet rocks too. Lots of morons used to buy them. Buggy whips were big too back in the day.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Do you have a photograph of these "bricks"?

10. Default

I have personal experience with the bricks. 50 yrs ago, or so, it was my job to take care of the cigar case in my grandmother's candy store. I soaked them every week or so. They don't work worth a fuck and anyone who says they do, doesn't know what he's talking about. The difference between the brick and the bead is like the difference between flint and steel and a S.T. Dupont lighter.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Are you going to keep fighting this one with your winning personality and sales prowess until we all see the light?

LMAO!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Are you going to keep fighting this one with your winning personality and sales prowess until we all see the light?

LMAO!
    Selling Kirby Vacuum cleaners door to door, or maybe cell phones at the mall kiosk.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

13. Default Humidification

Guys, Guys!

At ease, just trying to fiqure it out.
    The guy I bought it from said he swears by the bricks and has used them for years.
    He used to sell large humidors to restaurants and they all used bricks.
    He included 14 OPUS X cigars with the humidor that were 10 years old and they still seemed in perfect shape. Hey "Fish", I think you were right about the distilled water because he said he used tap water and there is mineral deposits all over the two bricks. I had the humidor cleaned and retouched. I want to use the least maintenance and steady humidification process that I could get.
    So I will probably clean up the bricks and try it for a while. If it doesn't hold then I guess I will go with beads

Guys, Guys!

At ease, just trying to fiqure it out.
    The guy I bought it from said he swears by the bricks and has used them for years.
    He used to sell large humidors to restaurants and they all used bricks.
    He included 14 OPUS X cigars with the humidor that were 10 years old and they still seemed in perfect shape. Hey "Fish", I think you were right about the distilled water because he said he used tap water and there is mineral deposits all over the two bricks. I had the humidor cleaned and retouched. I want to use the least maintenance and steady humidification process that I could get.
    So I will probably clean up the bricks and try it for a while. If it doesn't hold then I guess I will go with beads
    Sorry you got in the middle of a shit storm.
    Beads are they way to go. Everything else is bullshit.
    Trust the members of this forum. A little money spent now, will reep great rewards in the future.
    http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp
    ~ Gerry Adams

15. Default

Beads damnit...Everything else is crap. Viper at Heartfelt will hook you up good. Fishy is dead wrong.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Use beads and know with certainty that they work excellently!!! I use nothing else in my humi. That's my $.02 worth. Roger
    Just another day at the office!

ilikefishes Guest

Sorry you got in the middle of a shit storm.
    Beads are they way to go. Everything else is bullshit.
    Trust the members of this forum. A little money spent now, will reep great rewards in the future.
    http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp
    Thank you for your honesty. If you want to switch to beads. I will buy your bricks. Case closed.

Thank you for your honesty. If you want to switch to beads. I will buy your bricks. Case closed.

Kendall needs your bricks for his sales job...

Blog Entries

snip.....I want to use the least maintenance and steady humidification process that I could get.
    ....snip
    IMHO, this is exactly why beads out perform most other types of humidification devices. If you place a sufficient amount of beads in the humi to allow for both absorption and release of humidity you have it made. This is where bricks/floral foam/gel, all lose out....they have no ability to absorb excess RH, only to release it.

Beads are relatively inexpensive and last forever, and require only distilled H20 to function.

Hey Fish, have you tried the beads or have you only used the bricks? Curious, because I have used both and the beads are much better. I am interested to hear why you think the bricks are better then beads.

Thread Information