Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: P.I.F Thread

Blog Entries

Awww Jah! Received a very, very nice Canadian package - thanks a bunch Craig, I can't wait to fire these up! Thanks for the info/notes on the cigars too, very much appreciated.

Ejp esmyd gtrr vohstd?
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Too cryptic huh... ok...

WHO WANTS FREE CIGARS?

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    While Mark's PIF is in transit, I thought I'd propose that it is time to consider changing the dollar definition of 'classy' smokes for those that need it. $3-$8 smokes in 2006 are not the same as $3-$8 cigars five years later, particularly after S-CHIP. $5-$12 seems more in-line with what the examples of 'classy' smokes actually cost these days at on-line vendors ...

... and Paddy, you would have felt right at home at QSH. The only fucking Canuck there kept winning the draws. :-)
    I dunno - I gotta think that someone that would think a "classy" cigar would cost $3 is a low-brow, knuckledragging fool. But I'm very willing to be surprised by something that catches me totally off guard. And (surprisingly) I have occasionally found some "jewels" amongst the dung at CI in their "blowout" specials (example: Alec Bradley Pryme a few years back). So - I'm not closing the door to that potential opportunity

Bottom line - I get that times are tough, but I think it's possible to save up your sheckels and pick up some very nice smokes in the "classy" range (maybe not $3, but still...) without breaking the bank. Someone that is not dragging their knuckles and has a normal forehead has enough sense to well reason their choices for the person their "passing it forward" to, even if it's at the low-end of the range.

Any person that would think it appropriate to "gift" something that was their bargain basement, bottom of the barrel crap they picked up for $3 needs to rethink their involvement in this thread. So if there's a fool out there thinking it's appropriate to send the same five crap brand $3 cigars as a means of "Paying it Forward"? Well... ...I'd suggest you prepare for the lynch mob carrying pitchforks and torches that's inevitably coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I dunno - I gotta think that someone that would think a "classy" cigar would cost $3 is a low-brow, knuckledragging fool. But I'm very willing to be surprised by something that catches me totally off guard. And (surprisingly) I have occasionally found some "jewels" amongst the dung at CI in their "blowout" specials (example: Alec Bradley Pryme a few years back). So - I'm not closing the door to that potential opportunity

Bottom line - I get that times are tough, but I think it's possible to save up your sheckels and pick up some very nice smokes in the "classy" range (maybe not $3, but still...) without breaking the bank. Someone that is not dragging their knuckles and has a normal forehead has enough sense to well reason their choices for the person their "passing it forward" to, even if it's at the low-end of the range.

Any person that would think it appropriate to "gift" something that was their bargain basement, bottom of the barrel crap they picked up for $3 needs to rethink their involvement in this thread. So if there's a fool out there thinking it's appropriate to send the same five crap brand $3 cigars as a means of "Paying it Forward"? Well... ...I'd suggest you prepare for the lynch mob carrying pitchforks and torches that's inevitably coming.
    I think he was looking to "UP" the anty to $8-$12 sticks, but then again I could be wrong.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Alright Buzz....I'll take 'em.
    But listen, I don't want any of those turds you brought home from La Cucaracha.
    Anyway's as I had mentioned on another thread I'm trying to get rid of the last of my shit sticks.
    This gives me a chance to unload the rest of my RP's and Gurkha to some sap.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

The turds are yours Paddy - I'll get them out the door today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Alright Buzz....I'll take 'em.
    But listen, I don't want any of those turds you brought home from La Cucaracha.
    Anyway's as I had mentioned on another thread I'm trying to get rid of the last of my shit sticks.
    This gives me a chance to unload the rest of my RP's and Gurkha to some sap.
    I'm awfully glad you're not looking to send those to me!

That is - except and unless the RP's are Edge's! Then you might be singing my toon! There's a damn good cigar in the lower price range!!! Just so long as you don't send me 5 of 'em - one's enough!

...though I really would not mind having a few of those CI Gurkha "specials" around so that I can give the moochers in my life something when they're whining. That'll fix 'em!
    Last edited by ggiese; 09-29-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Blog Entries

They'll be in route shortly...

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0236 0549 75

Glad I can finally get these swamp monsters out of my humi... the wife was starting to complain about the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    They'll be in route shortly...

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0236 0549 75

Glad I can finally get these swamp monsters out of my humi... the wife was starting to complain about the smell.

Just so you know - you can always send your "swamp monster" castaways to me any time you want, big boy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Just so you know - you can always send your "swamp monster" castaways to me any time you want, big boy!

What a mooch!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    What a mooch!
    Geez... A guy bums a coupla cigars off of a brother and he's labeled a "mooch". Who'd a though?!?

Don't be hatin', buzz - as you well know - one man's "swamp monsters" is another man's gold!. So - do shoot those "swamp monsters" my way.

BTW - I do promise to keep my mooching to a minimum lest I look like Purobrat!

Blog Entries

Hey guys, since I think I've piffed to you both in the past, if you're still aging any of those, uh, special (), toro sized smokes I sent ya.....let's work a deal. I'd like to get at least one back since there appears to be a newblet who might like to review one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I think he was looking to "UP" the anty to $8-$12 sticks, but then again I could be wrong.
    (Being a statistician), I was looking to adjust the original post for inflation of cigar prices.

I certainly didn't have anyone in particular in mind, I just thought to maintain what was in the original post in light of current pricing.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    (Being a statistician), I was looking to adjust the original post for inflation of cigar prices.

I certainly didn't have anyone in particular in mind, I just thought to maintain what was in the original post in light of current pricing.
    I know... I agreed with you.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Holy sheep shit Buzz...
    Send nothing but the best...When only the best will do
    That is one hell of a 5'er.

Hey, Who wants some free cigars
    ~ Gerry Adams

Anyone…..anyone…..Bueller…..Bueller……
    And I thought I had a reputation for sending out primo smokes.
    Guess theses RP Mulligan’s will sit in my humidor for awhile longer.
    I was hoping to get rid of the Gurkha Empire’s.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Ill take them paddy.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Great a taker....
    Monday is a holiday, I'm off work Wendesday. I'll get em' out then.
    ~ Gerry Adams

DC# 0310 3200 0000 1224 1487
    Out the door !
    ~ Gerry Adams

Damn Paddy nice selection,

One I have been after for 3 months when i first saw a review on it.
    I will not say what it is but a hint is "Advisory"

who wants free cigars ?
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Thread Information