Thread: Rocky Patel '92

Default Rocky Patel '92

Smoked one last night. Had some problems with it, seemed to have a slight crack or hole near were I cut it. Maybe they had dried out a bit too much on the journey here. Still it was an excellent smoke. The taste was complex throughout. The ash was beautiful and straight. The prelight aroma and construction were flawless. I'd give it a 89 rating due to the crack/hole. The next one should be better once they've sat in my coolidor for a week or two.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I must admit RP hit the nail on the head with the '90 and '92 vintage... Sad to say I have also had the cap split on me when cutting, but it was before I had my humi and been in a standard ziploc bag for couple days before I smoked it, so it was probably just a little dry

Blog Entries

I like the 1990s but I don't really like the 1992s
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

i've never had a 92. had my first 90 over the weekend. it was great!

I've had a number of the 90's. And I enjoyed them so much I thought I would splurge and buy a box of the 92's, even though I hadn't tried them. I am glad to say I think it was money well spent.
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I've had a number of the 90's. And I enjoyed them so much I thought I would splurge and buy a box of the 92's, even though I hadn't tried them. I am glad to say I think it was money well spent.
    which do you like better?

Man, I wasn't ready for that question I'm not sure if I like one more then the other yet. But I will have to try and judge that over the next few I smoke.

was going to post a review but saw this one was already here, so i just tried the vintage '92, the first 1/3 of it seemed very bland, after that it was a bit more medium bodied, nothing too flavorfull i thought. Overall i gave it a 84. Odds are after the other 4 are smoked i won't purchase them again, unless the rest get any better.

Blog Entries

I picked up a RP '92 torpedo in Miami this weekend, I'm going to leave it in the humidor a while before I smoke it.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

reaganyouth84 Guest

I smoke a 90 Corona last night, and I think the 90's might be slighty better. I've had a few of the 90's and 92's. Both are great cigars, but I think my favorite right now are the 90 robustos. They are sweet. I also smoked a 92 Toro last night. Pretty good stuff. I think if you were to leave it in a humidor for a few months or even a year that it would be an unbelievable smoke. Just my 2 cents.
    -Mike

Default Rocky Patel

I have tried the Torpedo's in 90 and 92 as well as the robusto 92. I like the flavor and I have to admit they are a nice looking smoke but I have had irregular burns with each one. I even left one of the robusto's in my Humidor for a month. Have any of you had similar problems?

Thread Information