Thread: An (Un)Expected Bombing...

Default An (Un)Expected Bombing...

Ok so most of the regulars are familiar with the current situation that has occured with my humidor but if not you can find the link HERE. I had to post something up to thank a few people who have went above and beyond fellow cigar smokers and offered things that I really did not expect.

First off Mangy was gracious enough to offer up his extra Kinky Friedman for the mega review that was lost in the incident but more than that, he hit me with a bunch of extra smokes that really helped to start off my humidor again. Miz I owe you one and in time it will be coming. I need to get my stash up a little and you'll be getting hit!

Second to Paddy who amazingly gave me an extra humidor that he had and stocked it with a handful of great sticks. Paddy - You are awesome and I appreciate it. I just had one of those Partagas and it was great! Just like Miz you have one coming back to you sooner rather than later.

Third I want to include Mizicke5273 who offered another one of the sticks from the mega review that was lost, another great member of the community.

The last person I want to thank is mail man. He offered another humidor as soon as he read the post. I had already accepted Paddy's offer but the fact that he too came across and offered something up is amazing. Mail Man, your time is coming too for the offer!

I've never been part of a forum that is so generous with other BOTLs. I love the fact that when something shitty happens to one person everyone else steps up and helps them out. Hopefully this type of situation will never happen to any other member of the forum but if it ever does I will say it now, I'm going to be the first person to step up and help out a friend.

To all the other people who have offered kind words, advice or whatever, thank you. Without you guys helping me out and letting me gripe this would have been a lot more difficult! This forum is the best and the people on here are nice guys! I'm going to be getting all three of you back in time you can count on it!!!!
    Last edited by TachyCoventry; 06-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.

I'm glad they arrived in good shape.
    Nice one paddy i didn't even think to offer one of my extra humidor's
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Anytime Brother
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

4. Default

Nice gesture folks...PIF is what this place is all about.

Wow, as a newbie here, I have to say that I am immensely impressed with the selflessness that you all have shown to a brother in need here. Kudos to you all!!!!

Good luck in getting your stock back up Daigz!

Quote Originally Posted by EGeekBMe View Post
    Wow, as a newbie here, I have to say that I am immensely impressed with the selflessness that you all have shown to a brother in need here. Kudos to you all!!!!

Good luck in getting your stock back up Daigz!
    Seriously, way to go guys!

Ok so I just got a text message from Paddy and I agree with him and CigarSarge. Paddy, you will still be getting something in return someday but more importantly I'm going to pass it forward. I appreciate the gestures that everyone has made and look forward to helping out others get into this hobby. This has become my favorite forum on the web because of the members of the community. Thanks again to all!

Blog Entries

Nice work fellas

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Enjoy the smokes!
    Yay! Cigars!

Way to hit a man when he is down...thankfully this time it was a good hit(s).

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

That is awesome of all of those guys to do.
    Your humi will soon be stocked and better than ever!

Thread Information