Hi,
I am a veteran of 45 years. I enjoyed my first cigar at the University of Arizona. In 1966 I made a friendship with a gentleman who bcame my tutor in the art of the cigar. I was walking in downtown Tucson,when I entered a cigar shop on Stone Avenue. I was smoking a El Producto cigar. The gentleman took my El Producto in his hand and snapped it in half. He then removed a cigar from his counter and handed the cigar to me. His name was George Damskey. In his writings on tobacco, Alfred Dunhill named George along with Zino Davidoff and himself as one of the great cigar masters. He was great teacher. I learned that I would rather enjoy a great cigar once a week rather than have a second class cigar. I also learned from him, that a great cigar does not need to be costly, but to search for a great smoke. Another protege of George's,Richard Carlton Hacker, wrote a book which became the bible of the modern cigar movement.
Currently I have a main humidor which hold 300 cigars and 4 smaller humidors. Among my favorite cigars are Padrons, Puros Indinos,and Perdumos. I also enjoy pipe smoking.