Thread: Almost died today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Almost died today

Rode the bike this am to work. A 17 yr old ran a stop sign and I hit his front end. Flipped me off the bike and I did a roll or 2 and landed in the ditch. The kid drove off and hid. The actual sheriff of Union County drove by and stopped and talked with me and by that time Candy was there since I was only 5 miles from the house. The NC Highway patrol investigated the accident and the sheriff had deputies looking high and low. About 30 min later they caught the car with the owner driving it. He had let his nephew drive it and that is who hit me. Trooper arrested the kid and charged him with hit and run w/injury -death Felony.

I got my left knee all sore and swollen up and road rash in a few places and smacked the helmet up pretty bad but I m alive . Bike is totaled and that sucks but I am thankful to be alive . It was weird that it felt like it took a full minute to quit flipping and sliding.

I was touched that 5 different people stopped and drug the bike out of the road and offered comfort until the ambulance arrived and 1 man witnessed the kid driving off and stuck around to witness for the officer and left his business card with me and said call if you need anything. I saw my life ending when I was flipping and thought how I was gonna miss my family

This may read kind of weird but I am on percocet and muscle relaxers ,woo hoooooo.
    The older I get ,the better I was

2. Default

Damn Kevin...Glad you are OK. I understand about the left knee. I'm still looking at possible surgery on mine. Do what the doc says and smoke plenty of good tobacco.

Damn Kevin, glad you're relatively okay. I hope the knee heals fine and you don't need surgery.

Ride safe everyone. It seems there has been a rash of cycle accidents locally.

4. Default

there was another 1 across the county at the same time as mine. I am so thankful to our Law enforcement agencies here ,they are a decent bunch of folks and the sheriff is accessible anytime. Most hit&runs go unsolved from what I have seen.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I'm glad your OK Kevin. Thoughts & prayers your way bro.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

That's an awesome statement about your community that so many strangers stopped to help. That sucks about your bike but obviously it's the rider that's important. I second Ken's suggestion!!

Default Re: Almost died today

Holy shit dude. Hope you feel better soon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Thread Information