Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost died today

So glad you made it through that. Sorry about the experience and pain, Kevin. Life comes atcha' fast.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Ya it was the vulcan,I really liked that bike but I will find another one. It may sound stupid to some but I am not afraid to ride again. I am not billy badass by any stretch but I fear few very things in life and I will ride again.Thanks for the well wishes,my knee is hurting and now they are saying my tibula is broke I gotta go to an ortho tomorrow
    It don't sound stupid at all. "If you ride you understand".
    Good thing you were dressed for the crash.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Glad you're still with us! Get better soon.

Wow Kev, glad to read you're safe. I can't imagine how scary it was while you were flipping. Godspeed brother.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be -- glad that f@cking moron didn't kill you.

Find yourself a good attorney, and my best on speedy recovery.

Blog Entries

Broken bones are usually good for five figure settlements.

What the fock was this asshole thinking hit and run? I don't know about Nawth Carolina but even in liberal-a$$ed Connecticut, that douchebag is lookin' at prison time.

I guess now's not a good time to ask you to help me change the main circuit breaker in the meter box.

The fuggen thing keeps tripping and I have to fight like hell with it to get the power in the house to come back on. We had record heat here of 102 today and a Nawth Carolina dew point of SEVENTY EIGHT, we never get that here. So as my central A/C is cooling the house down BANG goes the circuit breaker.

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I'm the type of person who can forgive an accident if the person is responsible enough to own up to it, but hit and runs deserve harsh punishment.

Glad to hear you are okay man...no tubes up your nose or having to have part of your skull removed to relieve the pressure on your brain.

Just remember the four main medications for a man in your situation: Percocets, muscle relaxers, a good cigar, and something worth watching on the tube. Repeat as needed for pain and pleasure (cigars count as pleasurable.)

Get to feeling better man, and keep us posted.

Holy cow Kev I am really sorry to hear this man. I am glad you're ok though. I am one to generally try to forgive kids but 17 is old enough he should have known better. This really sucks dude. Again I am very glad you are ok.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlatypus View Post
    I'm the type of person who can forgive an accident if the person is responsible enough to own up to it, but hit and runs deserve harsh punishment.
    I agree with you 100%, I mean they are called accidents after all. However, when there is a cell phone or some other "distraction" involved or alcohol/drugs or a hit and run, no excuses and no slack in the punishment dealt.

A few months ago, there was a sanitation truck that ran over 8 or so bikers who were stopped at a light and didn't even stop until he made it all the way through the intersection and then some. His initial response was that he was fiddling with some paperwork. Toxicology came back that he was totally jacked up on meth. I think the 4th person just died here recently and I think he should get worse than life in prison.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Broken bones are usually good for five figure settlements.

What the fock was this asshole thinking hit and run? I don't know about Nawth Carolina but even in liberal-a$$ed Connecticut, that douchebag is lookin' at prison time.

I guess now's not a good time to ask you to help me change the main circuit breaker in the meter box.

The fuggen thing keeps tripping and I have to fight like hell with it to get the power in the house to come back on. We had record heat here of 102 today and a Nawth Carolina dew point of SEVENTY EIGHT, we never get that here. So as my central A/C is cooling the house down BANG goes the circuit breaker.

errrrrr todays going to be hotter!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Good to hear you're Good Kev! Sux to hear about your bike but I am glad to see you will find another.

BTW-is it the Tibia or Fibula they say is broke? Cause unless your are some sort of mutant you aint got no Tibula ;-) JFWY. I Wish you a speedy recovery and the hit and run driver a roomate names bubba who likes fresh fish.

Dang Kev, sorry to hear about this.
    Godd to hear you were wearing your skid lid, and I second the comment on hanging it up in your garage...it will help you get over any inherent jitters the first time you throw your leg over a new bike.

Prayers for a good recovery out your way.

Keith

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Damn Kev, really sorry that happened and I hope you heal up well.

Little shits like that really need to have something special done to them. Was probably texting while driving as if that isn't bad enough, almost kills you and runs and hides like a little pussy.

Get well brother!
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your accident, Kevin. Thoughts are prayers are with you and your family.

Few things infuriate me more than reckless driving. I don't understand speeding, running stop signs/lights, or aggressive behavior on the road. It's like people don't understand they are manning a 2000 pound weapon. Now that I drive around with my little girl, it's made me even more conscious and aware - and thus, more upset. I honestly don't know what to do. I now slow down a bit at every intersection, anticipating someone flying through. I haven't driven in the far left lane in years. I turn my blinker on everywhere - residential roads, when I turn in my driveway, even parking lots (the worst - people fly through the outskirts of those things, cutting through the parking lot). Part of me thinks my cautiousness is contributing to the problem - no one wants to sit behind someone that actually stops at a stop sign. Just short of selling the car and hanging up the keys, I don't know what else to do.

I don't have any answers. Only frustrated complaints. I hope he's dealt with swiftly and justly.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Kevin, just saw this thread and I am glad to know you are overall OK. One of my riding buddies was hit by a woman who just decided to change lanes without even looking. Of course, she was on her cell phone. Hes also relatively ok but the bike is totaled.

I wish those cigars get to you really fast! Sounds like you need them but all in all, I am really glad you are ok.

Prayers for a fast recovery sent

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Ya it was the vulcan,I really liked that bike but I will find another one. It may sound stupid to some but I am not afraid to ride again. I am not billy badass by any stretch but I fear few very things in life and I will ride again.Thanks for the well wishes,my knee is hurting and now they are saying my tibula is broke I gotta go to an ortho tomorrow
    The drugs have you at a moment of weakness, Kevin. Snap out of it! You ARE a "Billy Badass"!!!

Wow! Glad to hear that you are relatively OK!

I can't believe that the kid drove off, that's just stupid. I hope they throw him in jail.

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery Kevin. God bless.

Blog Entries

Brother, I'm just glad to read you are ok after that accident!

Smoke some good ones!

Lopaka

Kevin glad to hear your still in one piece. I'm a little behind on my reading. How are you doing now?

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Thread Information