Thread: Question for those more experienced than I.

Default Question for those more experienced than I.

I want a natural (unsweetened) pipe tobacco that is spicy. It can have some subtle flavors (vanilla, berry etc.) but I want them to be naturally flavored and not sugared up.

Any thoughts?

2. Default

Try this...http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...PHA=E&TID=2966

The Virginia is sweet and the Perique adds a spicy note. I smoke it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I want a natural (unsweetened) pipe tobacco that is spicy. It can have some subtle flavors (vanilla, berry etc.) but I want them to be naturally flavored and not sugared up.

Any thoughts?
    First of all, there's no such thing. All pipe tobaccos are cased to one degree or another. What you don't want is what is called an aromatic blend. I too would recommend a Virgina/perique blend (AKA Vaper) You might want to try one of the classics, like Escudo or Solani 633. Going through my notes I have Virginia #24 described as spicy. Keep in mind the tobaccos I've listed are all flakes. They'll take some effort on your part to prepare them for smoking. ie. you'll need to rub them out. Have fun, it can be quite a journey. Pipe tobacco is almost limitless in variety.

Doc.
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 07-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

I decided to try out the Exhausted Rooster. Wow...it gave me a rediculous buzz. I have noticed pipes do this to me more than Cigars. Not sure why.

At first I was a bit dissapointed it seemed to really lack in flavor. After about 10 or 15 minutes it started to pick up. Some of the subtle sweetness came into play and the spice was definitely there. That made me happier.

Thread Information