View Poll Results: What brands of cigars do you smoke?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Partagas

5 55.56%
  • Padron

4 44.44%
  • Arturo F.

7 77.78%
  • Punch

5 55.56%
  • Larrañaga

3 33.33%
  • Cohiba

4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: “Smoking cigars as an art form"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You're gonna get it now, Daisy. The corresponding authority has arrived...
    Damn straight! Somehow my member title got updated. I have no idea how that happened?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Default daisy, you cigar art is a "Sad, sad story"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Ia5YKfSRA

Can anyone give me the year of the car they're riding around in the video? daisy, this ought to be an easy one for you.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-23-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default The Car

I think the video car is a Chevy Monte Carlo 1972, I'm not sure.

Daysi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Ia5YKfSRA

Can anyone give me the year of the car they're riding around in the video? daisy, this ought to be an easy one for you.
    '63 Nova
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daysiartpainter View Post
    I think the video car is a Chevy Monte Carlo 1972, I'm not sure.

Daysi
    Ya got the "Chevy" part right but that's about it....

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    '63 Nova
    DING, DING! We have a winnah!

The story here is that Elvis Cortez, the lead singer had a 1962 Nova that he sold quite a while back. He LOVED that car and very much regrets selling it. He wrote a song called "My 62" which is on their first CD called "Lonely Starts & Broken Hearts."

Nice job badwhale, you did better than I did because when I first saw the video, I assumed it was a 1962 because I knew of the song he wrote.

As anyone who knows these cars knows (as obviously badwhale does), this one is definitely a 1963 because the grille is distinctively different. 1962 was the first year of the Chevy II/Nova and for the 1963 models they changed the grille and they spelled out "CHEVROLET" in block letters on the hood. At 2:02 in the video, it's clear that this is a 1963.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-25-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Damn straight! Somehow my member title got updated. I have no idea how that happened?
    Okay, okay - so you are "damn straight" you're the "corresponding authority".... So WTF happened to the tenacious, furious butt kicking that inevitably comes when someone violates spelling, grammar and/or punctuation rules? You softening in your old age, bruddah???

I expected FAR more from you...

Blog Entries

Okay, okay - so you are "damn straight" you're the "corresponding authority".... So WTF happened to the tenacious, furious butt kicking that inevitably comes when someone violates spelling, grammar and/or punctuation rules? You softening in your old age, bruddah???

I expected FAR more from you...
    George, her spelling and grammar is so bad, there isn't enough time in the next ten years to even begin trying to correct her. It's hopeless.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

George, her spelling and grammar is so bad, there isn't enough time in the next ten years to even begin trying to correct her. It's hopeless.
    Ahh... We've finally found the chink in your armor!!!

9. Default

All heroes have a fatal flaw, George but who would of thought it would be some Cuban woman with a big ass.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    All heroes have a fatal flaw, George but who would of thought it would be some Cuban woman with a big ass.

Doc.
    Back on the big ass thing huh.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Got a problem with that newb? Write your Congressman because I suspect not many folks give damn about your opinion.

Doc.
    Doc

Got a problem with that newb? Write your Congressman because I suspect not many folks give damn about your opinion.

Doc.
    Only meant it as a joke...no harm meant. Sorry.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Doc.
    I'm gonna have to learn to drink iced coffee.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm gonna have to learn to drink iced coffee.
    Black. No sugar.

Doc
    Doc

Blog Entries

Ahh... We've finally found the chink in your armor!!!
    Well, that and English obviously isn't her first language if she even speaks it at all. Looks like she uses an on-line translator to make most of her posts here, OR she's doing it deliberately just to be an attention whore.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    I believe has something to do with all them years of having to look at young marine's asses after liberty - just before he had to give that golf ball sized injections...

17. Default It is ridiculous to say that

Well, that and English obviously isn't her first language if she even speaks it at all. Looks like she uses an on-line translator to make most of her posts here, OR [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]she's doing it deliberately just to be an attention whore[/COLOR].

I do not like to be illiterate I would like to be able to communicate better with us. Americans have a great talent but do not know what is empathy.

Good bless you

Daysi:

I do not like to be illiterate I would like to be able to communicate better with us. Americans have a great talent but do not know what is empathy.

Good bless you

Daysi:
    I just love how your so judgmental of Americans.

Empathy is the capacity to, through imagination rather than literally, share the sadness or happiness of another sentient being.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

19. Default

Good bless you

Daysi:
    Empathy? My grandmother came to this country in 1919 and couldn't read and write her own language. She taught herself to read and write English, dealt with prejudices you can't even imagine, became a wealthy woman, long before women's liberation, buried a son who died for his country and got herself invited to a president's inauguration . What's your excuse? Quit your fuggin' whining put down the paint brush, learn to read and write English and get a real job. That's the American Way. Then, we might have some empathy.

Doc.

Doc.
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 08-27-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Doc

Empathy? My grandmother came to this country in 1919 and couldn't read and write her own language. She taught herself to read and write English, dealt with prejudices you can't even imagine, became a wealthy woman, long before women's liberation, buried a son who died for his country and got herself invited to a president's inauguration . What's your excuse? Quit your fuggin' whining put down the paint brush, learn to read and write English and get a real job. That's the American Way. Then, we might have some empathy.

Doc.

Doc.
    Daisy,

Like Doc - my grandmother, too, came off a boat at age 16 with the little she could carry and no grasp of the English language. She, too, taught herself the language and through her entire life insisted on speaking nothing by English, In her mind - this was where she lived and this was the spoken language.

Never - EVER - during her life did she complain that she was not afforded any opportunity, or that the "American's" did not understand her. She never felt sorry for herself, or her situation. She offered herself as she was - and did not let anyone's criticisms or prejudices color her view of America or American's. She very much realized that this was not where she came from, but where she was at. In other words - she knew that she wanted come to America, be an American and lived her life as an American. Never did she believe she should change America to be what she wanted it to be.

She worked hard her entire life, to the point she'd built a comfortable life for herself and her family. When she passed, she was not rich but well off - self sufficient. And - while she had no need to work any more - she still scrubbed the floors at an old folks home nearly to the last day on this earth because she thought it needed to be done and she was helping others.

This woman - my grandmother - taught me that it was not the circumstances you were in that defined who you were - it was who you were that defined your circumstances. When I would slack off at school - her comment to me was, "Perfect! The world needs ditch diggers!" She taught me through that - if you choose to be a ditch digger - there is a need, but you do have the opportunity to choose to be something better AND it takes hard work and determination - no one will ever hand you anything, and anything that is offered for free truly has a price.

Daisy - In the United States, you alone are responsible for what you say and what you do. By coming to the U.S. you've now been given a voice to say what you think with little repercussion. That's a hard concept to get your head around, if you come from a society that is intolerant of free speech. And - the repercussions of what you say in this thread and what you say publicly does not unite, it polarizes.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Daisy - this is not all about you.

God bless you too, Daisy - you definitely need it to rid yourself of your demons.
    Last edited by ggiese; 08-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Thread Information